Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Revenge of the Nerds - The War Between 4chan & Scientology" from Salient  (Read 1760 times)
anonyrat

« on: February 27, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »

Hey all
Just found a 2-page article in Salient, Victoria University's student magazine.

"Revenge of the Nerds - The War Between 4chan & Scientology" by Conrad Reyners

It's on pg 40-41 in the 25th February edition if you have a hard copy. The online version doesn't have pictures - I might see if I can get my scanner working. If I can't, it has "OH FUCK- The internet is here" poster from the London raid, [This sign is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International] - on poster, WY MY WEBSITE NO WERK? macro with Tom Cruise, the "ANONYMOUS - In ur cult being suppressive" motivational pic with the Anon wearing a paper bag and one with a picture of Elli Perkins - "Thanks, Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, for your expert advice on mental health. Elli Perkins was killed on March 13, 2003 by the schizophrenic son she was told to treat with vitamins instead of psychiatric care" with the website PerkinsTragedy.org.
anonyrat

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »

If any Anonymous wants to write a letter to the editor to comment on the article and anon vs $cientology or to mention our upcoming 15/03 protests, they can email editor@salient.org.nz or use the form at www.salient.org.nz/about/letters. Salient prints letters from pseudonyms; you do have to give an email address and 'a real name and contact details.' It's up to you how real you want those details to be; I think they mostly use them to prevent pseudonym theft. It would be great if Salient got letters from anons all over the country (and even internationally). Sending letters to student media at other unis/polytechs would also be great; I was going to propose this before I found this article.  :D

Salient accepts letters on just about any subject. Letters of over 250 words will only be printed subject to space. They must be received by 5pm Tuesday, the week before publication. They will not be subbed unless specified. Pseudonyms will be printed, however writers must provide a real name and contact details, or the Editor reserves the right not to print the letter.

The Editor reserves the right to abridge or not print letters without explanation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: