Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Student Doco  (Read 5812 times)
whitedeth
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »

Your quick theorizing turns out all to be false.

1. IP can't be taken from IRC. The PartyVan servers show routes - not IPs. Plus, to take his IP they would have to know his nickname, which they didn't, considering he uses a different one there to "AnonymousSupport". Hack on NZRaid? I think I would've seen that happening either in the logs here, or in the logs in the cPanel, or in the FTP logs showing file changes of any kind.

Getting information from an ISP is only possible if you have a warrant for illegal activity - otherwise impossible. You need a lawyer to physically present those.

2. (see 1 above). How'd they send this trojan to AnonymousSupport? Just straight IP relay and logged into his computer? What? Welcome to 2008 where things like these are near damn impossible?

3. I own NZRaid. Yes, it's VERY highly possible that I compromised his info. I might've even been bought out. Who knows eh?

PS: My girlfriend's on this website too, as an anon. I actually only started dating her so I can get her private info to sell it to CoS. Shh.. don't tell her I said that..
Filter

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »

As much of a prick as WD is sometimes he'd most likely resort to selling body parts before selling out Anon. That, and I'm guessing he knows what 'backraid' means.
AnonKiwi
Regulars

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:26:02 PM »

I think people have been name-fagging themselves by accident is all. Meh. Be careful people. Don't use the nick you use for Anon anywhere else etc.
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

Am I the only one who is bothered by this? Assuming this is not a hoax, and this thread is the only place about this that has been posted, the $cifags must be dedicated to this site (not just one lone scilon on his home pc)... My quick theorising brought a few conclusions...
1. AnonymousSupport's info was compromised.. IP may have been taken from IRC (extremely easy) or a hack on nzraid (not so easy, but possible). AnonymousSupport was then tracked (information coaxed/brought from ISP staff member), then scilon found his friend (maybe physical surveillance)
2. AnonymousSupport's IP was found (see method 1) & computer compromised with a new or existing trojan horse or the like (not difficult.. especially on a windows machine).. Friend found with details stored on AnonymousSupport's PC/ IM conversation/ email/ whatever
3. Who owns nzraid? They have access to your IP & many other technical aspects of your PC, email address & password you used... Email account could be compromised

While the above methods of tracking a friend of an "Anonymous" seem hard or close to impossible for a single scilon, a group of $cifags with PI's, questionable morals and experience in what is called "social engineering" (see: kevin mitnick: the art of deception), it could be accomplished in a very small scale of time.

I think you may have got the wrong idea, as whitedeth stated the site is fine, IP address aren't trackabl and I've got foxy proxy, key scrammbler, Privoxy and a few other blockers so my IP address can't be hacked, unless I use I.E.

They tracked him down because I put in the thread he was a student wanting to do a doco... now thats pretty easy to find. You just need to look for a Uni in Auckland, a course thats in film and then ask if anyone is doing a doco (or wanting to do a doco) on scientology.

It's just a matter of watching what you say and how you say it. But it's really up to you to protect yourself.

Your friend.
John Campbell. ;D

Flock of Headless Birdies

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:46:25 PM »

Yes, I agree from my neck down.
PalmyAnon

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »

Your quick theorizing turns out all to be false.

1. IP can't be taken from IRC. The PartyVan servers show routes - not IPs. Plus, to take his IP they would have to know his nickname, which they didn't, considering he uses a different one there to "AnonymousSupport". Hack on NZRaid? I think I would've seen that happening either in the logs here, or in the logs in the cPanel, or in the FTP logs showing file changes of any kind.

Getting information from an ISP is only possible if you have a warrant for illegal activity - otherwise impossible. You need a lawyer to physically present those.

2. (see 1 above). How'd they send this trojan to AnonymousSupport? Just straight IP relay and logged into his computer? What? Welcome to 2008 where things like these are near damn impossible?

3. I own NZRaid. Yes, it's VERY highly possible that I compromised his info. I might've even been bought out. Who knows eh?

PS: My girlfriend's on this website too, as an anon. I actually only started dating her so I can get her private info to sell it to CoS. Shh.. don't tell her I said that..
Fair call, I was just a little disturbed that no one else was really bothered by this. A couple of post-thoughts.....

You're right, getting info out of an ISP legally is near-impossible. But think of how many disgruntled workers on minimum wage you know? How about the new young call center employee at slingshot that doesn't know anyone and wants to show his superiors how efficient he can be? There's a lot of empirical evidence that shows how easy an experienced 'researcher' can obtain private information.

As for the hacks, trojans etc., I would never be as confident to say it is "near damn impossible" to get information from a computer, i mean, i'm no computer forensics analyst so can't back up my claims, but history has shown many mainstream software programs that allow an attacker access to a machine (off the top of my head - java 1.5, sony's rootkit, windows)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: