Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wellington Protest on 10 May!  (Read 2777 times)
anonyrat

« on: April 14, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

11am at the corner of Manners Mall and Cuba Mall suit everyone for Saturday May 10? We could meet under the umbrella instead of outside Burger King if that's slightly more obvious.

Manners Mall worked pretty well on Saturday, once we all got there and got organised. We handed out tonnes of flyers and there was a steady stream of foot traffic throughout the day. It's also a great place to meet friendly and slightly quirky people; three guys came up to us and we had a good slightly ridiculous discussion about Scientology and the nature of religion; hugs were given and a new religion focused on belly-button poking was established - random ginga homoeroticism ftw! We got some support from an Enturbulation lurker as well  ;D

This time there were three guys with white buckets collecting for some orphans' charity on 'our' corner; they weren't too disruptive and I made a donation and had a chat to one about Disconnection, but I think a few passersby may have been put off by all the people wanting to get their attention. If we liase with the council, they should know who has permission to be collecting where and we might be able to avoid a clash next time.

The seats in Manners Mall were great for a cake-break picnic; we should definitely repeat the occasion! Anons worldwide were jealous of our delicious caek and chocolate!

I'm keen to get petitions going for May 10; we're already getting moar anons planning to come and I am reliably informed that some lurkers may make an appearance too! Wellington is fairly politically aware and it's a great chance to start making moves towards getting the CoS's tax-exemption revoked and gathering support from the public. It takes about half a minute to sign a petition and it's a way for anon supporters and anons who can't take part in the protest for one reason or another to do something solid on the day.

Who's in?
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »

Hi anonyrat, I'll place that on the vid in the discription.

Rana Rahrah

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:06:46 AM »

I'll do my best to get there, anything for caek :D
The umbrella is just around the corner a few meters?  In the sun?  I think that will be good, there seemed more life/activity there.  (and warmer!) And we just HAVE to have music, so if anyone has any possibilities for this let us know.
Other than that, lets get the numbers up!
anonyrat

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »

Woot! Yep, the umbrella's more or less at the beginning of the paved section of Cuba st. Music would be great - does anyone have a portable cd player or similar they can bring?

Moar anons - if someone can make a poster we can start sticking them up around Wellington. I got no leet photoshop skillz, but maybe someone with a decent image program can modify one from Enturb?
anonyrat

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »

Location Confirmed!
Cake Planned!
Epic Protest Forseen!

By the way guise, it's from 11 am to approx 2.30 pm, corner Cuba and Manners Mall, meeting under the Umbrella.
emperor_anon

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:23:19 PM »

I should be able to stop by for maybe an hour, work is lots
but I'll be there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: