Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who still hangs onto the Scientology belief systems?  (Read 2023 times)
The_Fixer

« on: February 19, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »

I wonder about this as I walk through the various Ex -Scio forums.

So many people still speak the language even after being out for many years.

More importantly, many still hold onto the anti - (insert people group here) way of thinking, as if they were still scientologists.

I was only in the church for about 18 months or so. But for many years I carried the anti - gay thoughts, anti - psychiatry/psychology beliefs.

Before I was in the church I had a number of gay friends. I was and still am straight. Back then I saw people not as what they were, but as who they were. That all changed when I became a scio. It was only a few years ago that I realised that scientology had clouded my thoughts and thinking that I was still behaving like a scientologist even though I left it many years ago.

I am slowly making the effort to revert back to the way I was, because I believe that there was nothing wrong with the way I thought about people then.  All scientology did for me in the end was to regress my spiritual and personal growth and to learn prejudice.

As time goes by, I have been meeting more people from the fringes of society and I am relearning to see people as people, not as a category.

Has anyone else seen this in themselves?
hotbusinessman

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »

I would just like to say, thanks for your story, I just found this site now after all these years.
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »

You can catch up with the Fixer here...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/forum.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: