Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emails of complaint  (Read 1328 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« on: May 01, 2012, 12:24:18 pm »

I have decided to start a thread here similar to one on ESMB.

What is intended, is that every time Scientology gets some naive media organization to run it`s PR bullshit,
we send emails (Lots of them) alerting the media source that it is being duped.

Please do your bit every time some new article is posted here. Spend a few minutes either putting up a comment of just clicking on the email link I will provide, and emailing the editor.

If we cut Scientology off at every turn they will be unable to infiltrate society with their covertly hostile plans. Come on people. It`s something you can do.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 9:17 AM
Scientology Provides Free Seminars

Solomon Times.

The official launch of the Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour Solomon Islands, signals the launch of a month of free seminars on the 19 subjects of the Scientology Handbook.

Mathew Andrews, leader of the Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour gave an overview of the 19 topics the group will cover in seminars to those attending the opening of the Tour in Honiara.

Our aims are to pass on the knowledge of Scientology so people can overcome problems that trouble them or those they care about Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 27, 2012

At the opening ceremony in April 21 of the Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour in Honiara, capital of Guadalcanal Province, Hon. Ileen Sulukonina, Guadalcanal's Minister for Women, Youth, Children and Sports, welcomed the Volunteer Ministers to the region on behalf of the Guadalcanal Provincial Government. Hon. Sulukonina, who herself attended all 19 seminars when the Goodwill Tour first arrived in the Solomon Islands in Fall 2011, encouraged those present to take advantage of the training.

"The seminars will teach and inform people about the tools in knowing to know yourself and relationships with others in order to survive," she said. "Come with an open heart to learn, as Man's survival will depend on his knowledge about himself, others and his environment."

The Waru Panpipe Band and the Kakona Traditional Group performed traditional songs and dances and guests toured the traditional hut built for the occasion at Town Ground, and Mathew Andrews, leader of the Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour, gave an overview of the program with specific examples to illustrate the 19 topics the group will cover in the seminars-including how to communicate and understand others better; how to improve one's standard of living; solutions to alcohol and drug abuse; how to improve the ability to study and learn; what makes a successful marriage; and how to be an effective leader.

"Our aims are to pass on the knowledge of Scientology so people can overcome problems that trouble them or those they care about," he said.

http://solomontimes.com/news.aspx?nwID=6919

Contact the editor...

http://solomontimes.com/contact.aspx?wr=lettertoeditor
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:00:59 pm by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:04 am »

Comments open for facebook users.    

After Narconon files suit, city to discuss expansion behind closed doors
May 11, 2012

After a proposed expansion by Narconon stalled during a board of adjustments meeting six months ago, city leaders are once again set to discuss the rehabilitation facility — this time in executive session.

Public Information Officer Doug Rainer confirmed to The Log that the May 21 closed-door executive session was related to Narconon. According to court records, there are two petitioners involved in the case, Narconon and PCA Enterprises, which is managed by Deborah and Herbert Ross.

In 2011, the Crystal Beach-based drug rehabilitation and education facility, which has two locations in Destin, submitted an application to the city that would allow for them to increase the number of “students” in their smaller facility from six to 12.

At the time, Deborah Ross, Narconon’s executive director, told the board “our students come from all walks of life and these are people who want to change their lives, who want to get better.”

One of the biggest concerns amongst neighboring residents was safety.

Crystal Beach resident Tiara Cameron, whose home sits directly behind the facility, wrote that the city’s priority should be to “attract vacationers and not drug addicts to Destin.”

After more than three hours of testimony during the Nov. 2 meeting, the city’s board of adjustments took two votes. The first, which tied 2-2, was to approve the application and the second vote, to deny the application, also deadlocked 2-2.

The board of adjustment’s role is to hear and decide upon applications for variances, special exceptions, and administrative appeals when it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of any zoning ordinance.

With the vote deadlocked, Narconon had the opportunity to appeal the decision made by the board to the circuit court within 30 days of the ruling, which they  chose to do.

The Log contacted Narconon, but Ross was unavailable for comment.

http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/city-21773-discuss-expansion.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:10 am »

YOUR SAY: Northcote psychiatry show slammed

Council

30 May 12

A NORTHCOTE Town Hall exhibition discrediting psychiatry has prompted calls for a further review of Darebin Council’s venue hire policy.

The exhibition, sponsored by the Church of Scientology and produced by its advocacy group Citizens Commission of Human Rights, features a video and photographic display discrediting psychiatric intervention and pharmaceuticals.

>> Should the exhibition have been allowed? Tell us below.

Northcote resident Luke Shein, who works with people who have mental illness, lodged a complaint with the council, describing the exhibition as “lacking in balance” and “fear-mongering”.

“I found the exhibition to be offensive and potentially dangerous to vulnerable individuals,” Mr Shein said.

“The council should put more thought into what it puts on in pubic buildings.”

Mr Shein said said he was disturbed by photographs of bleeding, disfigured children inside the exhibition and the slogan “psychiatry, an industry of death” painted on a truck outside, but was most troubled that the exhibition discouraged people from “engaging with a treatment that might lead to a better mental health outcome”.

Darebin Mayor Steven Tsitas said he was open to investigating the venue hire guidelines.

Rucker Ward Cr Trent McCarthy said if the exhibition presented information “that is misleading or harmful to people with a mental illness, that’s a very serious matter”.

“Council should look closely at its policy on this,” Cr McCarthy said.

Darebin Council’s city design and environment manager, Daniel Freer, said the council allowed the exhibition after finding no issues of public concern elsewhere.

Citizens Commission of Human Rights representatives did not return Leader’s calls.

>> Should the exhibition have been allowed? Tell us below.

http://preston-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/northcote-psychiatry-show-slammed/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

Reader: Scientology is not a religion, it's a business

A A A Comments (1) Tuesday, Jun 26 2012

Blinded by Scientology

Scientology is not a religion; it's a business started by a science-fiction writer. It takes advantage of weak-minded people simply to get their money and provides nothing beneficial in return. The Catholic Church operates in the same manner.

Lance Newcombe
Denver

How disappointed I am with you all at Westword! As a generally alternative source (despite being corporate-owned) for news, I have felt I can always get a unique perspective from you about Colorado, and then I saw the June 21 Off Limits.

Did the Church of Scientology pay you for that article? Your staff knows as well as I do that Scientologists believe in Xenu and aliens and well, the "South Park Summary" minus a few details. Oh, so they kept the historic building; did they locate it where they did to bring in or push out the homeless nearby? Has anyone at your staff bothered to check out some of the Dianetics books from the library where they, too, can learn all Scientology has to teach without paying all the money? Because I did take some time out to read some of Hubbard's stuff when I did a project for a religious studies class at graduate college. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I do believe religion can be a good thing for people, but a religion all about exploiting people for money is no religion.

And shame on you, Westword, for trying to act like Scientology isn't more than it is.

Name withheld on request

Yeah, five minutes with Dianetics will send the Rockies on a path to eclipsing the Chicago Cubs' World Series drought.

Lisa Lirones
Posted at westword.com

Jeebus cripes, Westword. Geesh, you're part of the Village Voice chain, hello! Tony Ortega's been doing stellar work at the Village Voice reporting on Scientology, but you guys took a press release and decided to go with "funny."

It's not funny when people are being shaken down and their wallets hoovered to buy buildings that stand empty and as a testament to David Miscavige's megalomania. You could have done so much more.

Dee Holmes
Mesa, Arizona

Editor's note: For more, lots more on Scientology, see our comments at westword.com/news.

"Last Writes," Laura Shunk, June 21
Final Course

I personally enjoyed Laura Shunk's restaurant reviews, and I am sorry to see her go. I felt she gave Denver and surrounding restaurants an even shake and had a decent knowledge base when it came to ethnic food and technique. She was much better than that yahoo Jason Sheehan, who talked so much about himself and so little about the food that I forgot I was reading a critique of a restaurant.

Thanks for the good work, Laura, and many happy returns.

Deb Weisman
Denver

http://www.westword.com/2012-06-28/news/scientology-is-not-a-religion/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: