Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leah Remini quits Church of Scientology  (Read 37316 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

Scientology Says Leah Remini Was About To Be Expelled For Ethical Lapses
Posted on March 1st, 2014

The war between the Church of Scientology and Leah Remini has entered its sixth month.
The latest volley was lobbed by the Queen of Kings star who told Buzzfeed that she left the Church of Scientology for her daughter, who had reached the age of mandatory auditing and “everything the Church taught me was a lie.”
Now the church is returning fire with a vengeance.
A media spokesman for the church contacted RumorFix to tell their side of the story. Here is their statement in its entirety:

“It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former faith as a publicity stunt by rewriting her history with it, including omitting that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her ethical lapses.
Ms. Remini was not attending Church services for years. In fact, she was upset because no one in the Church was calling her or her family, going so far as to drag her daughter into the Church to insist upon being given special treatment.
Sadly, this is the accurate, flip side of the events she now is spinning, which are absurd, insulting and motivated entirely by a desire to grab attention. We are saddened that Ms. Remini now feels compelled to attack her former faith as if there is something wrong with a good work ethic, encouragement to live a drug free life, a happy childhood and strong family – all values she and countless others experience from the strong religious community in the Church. For accurate information on the Scientology religion, our beliefs and practices and the dynamic growth of the only new religion to emerge from the 20th century, see www.scientology.org.”

Read more at http://rumorfix.com/2014/03/scientology-says-leah-remini-was-about-to-be-expelled-for-ethical-lapses/#UBJkjx5B8L98g9hC.99

Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »

News: Leah Remini to Star in TLC Reality Show

Leah Remini has signed on to star in her own TLC reality show, the network announced Wednesday.

The King of Queens star and Dancing with the Stars alum will be joined by her husband of 10 years, Angelo, and their 9 year-old daughter, Sofia. The series will also feature Remini's mother and stepfather, plus her sister and brother-in-law, whose secret coded language apparently drives the actress bonkers. Some of Remini's staff will also be featured, including her "wisecracking" housekeeper, Sofia's British nanny and her personal assistant, who happens to be an aspiring actress.

Photos: Stars who've quit Scientology

TLC has ordered 12 episodes of the untitled project, which begins production Wednesday and is slated for a summer premiere.

The reality series comes in the midst of Remini's feud with the Church of Scientology, from which she publicly split with in June. Of course, signing on for her own reality show won't do much to refute the Church's claims that she has an "insatiable craving for attention," but Remini's made it clear just how much stock she puts in what the church says anymore.

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/News-Leah-Remini-to-Star-in-TLC-Reality-Show-5291343.php
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Jennifer Lopez helped Leah Remini after scientology exit

Jennifer Lopez opened up about standing by Leah Remini after she left the church of Scientology while appearing on The Ellen Show on Friday.

When host Ellen DeGeneres mentioned that the King Of Queens star credited Lopez with helping her "through this whole exiting Scientology thing," the 44-year-old singer explained that that is what friends are for.

"We are best friends. Yeah, it was a tough moment for her. You know what I mean? It's all she knew her whole life," Lopez said. "When you're raised a certain way and around people for a long time -- whatever that is -- it's going to be hard."

Remini 43, said in February that one of the reasons behind her leaving the church of Scientology was her 9-year-old daughter, claiming she was "getting to the age where the acclimation into the Church would have to start."

During her interview with DeGeneres Lopez also spoke about her sexy new single "I Luh Ya Papi," and her return to American Idol. You can check out a clip of the interview below.

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jennifer-lopez-helped-leah-remini-after-scientology-exit-50127118.php#SA51rPlt4b6YIpkm.99
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »

Leah Remini: Leaving Scientology has brought my family 'closer together'

'The King of Queens' star spoke with the talk-show host about her upcoming TLC reality series and how her life has changed after leaving the church.

BY KIRTHANA RAMISETTI  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, May 28, 2014,

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/leah-remini-talks-reality-show-scientology-ellen-article-1.1808073#ixzz334nr18Q3
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »

TODAY'S NEWS: OUR TAKE
                              Leah Remini's Reality Show to Tackle Scientology Scandal in the Premiere

Sadie GennisJun 12, 2014   

Leah Remini's reality series will premiere on Thursday, July 10 at 10/9c on TLC.
During the back-to-back premiere episodes of Leah Remini: It's All Relative, fans will get to watch Leah and her husband Angelo throw a party for the friends who stuck with them since leaving the Church of Scientology. Remini notoriously left the Church in June 2013 after more than 30 years,saying "everything the church taught me was a lie."
 Stars who quit Scientology
However, the post-Scientology party won't be all religious drama. Angelo sees the event as an excuse to get rid of their daughter Sofia's swing-set, much to Leah's chagrin. And when an argument goes too far, her mother Vicki begins to worry how she'll be remembered when she dies so Leah and her sister Shannon decide to throw a living funeral for her.

"I'm so happy to be opening my home to TLC and to be sharing my family with you. We are blessed to be given this opportunity to work together as a family," Remini said in a statement. "However, beware — in these last 13 weeks of working on the show, my mother and stepfather already feel they are the true talent and breakouts of the show and expect to be offered sitcoms."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Leah-Remini-TLC-Reality-Show-Premiere-1082921.aspx
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »

REMINI'S REALITY SERIES PREMIERES ON JULY 10

Leah Remini's reality show is about to kick off, documenting what went down after she took aim at Scientology. Find out why she says viewers should "beware" before tuning in for the first time.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1040969/get-ready-for-leah-remini-to-take-down-scientology
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »

Best thing about Scientology exit is the alcohol - Leah Remini

By: BANG Showbiz, Entertainment News | Friday July 11 2014 7:55

Leah Remini admits the "best thing" about leaving the Church of Scientology is she can "drink every other day".

The 44-year-old star dumped the religious organisation, which bans the consumption of alcohol within 24 hours of training, last year and she's glad she's now allowed to enjoy an alcoholic beverage whenever she wants.

Speaking on 'Watch What Happens Live', she said: "The worst part (about scientology) was I couldn't drink every other day and best part (about leaving) is that I can drink every other day!"

However, the 'Kings of Queens' actress admits she's still trying to deal with life after scientology as she's lost some of her friends, but appreciates the things she does have.

She explained during an appearance on 'Good Morning America': "You look through your phone (and) you're like, 'Oh I can't call this person.' But you know, as we were in that time of loss and grief, still sad we lost our friends, we also have to look at what we do have. We have great family. We have great friends still in our lives."

Leah announced her decision to leave the organisation last July following years of abuse for questioning the actions of the Church leader, David Miscavige.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland/news/nbent/300895350-best-thing-about-scientology-exit-is-the-alcohol---leah-remini
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »

[/b] 'It's All Relative' Premiere Recap: Leah Remini's Mom Totally Steals The Show                 

It's been way too long since Leah Remini has been on my T.V. screen. Her new reality show on T.L.C. It's All Relative, chronicles her real life (hence reality show) with her family and friends. The twist? Leah and her family are starting over having parted ways with the Church of Scientology. The main takeaway from the first couple of episodes that aired tonight? It is totally Scientology's loss! Leah's family -- particularly her mother -- are bright, shining, hilarious, goofy stars. Here's hoping this new show is here to stay.

The series started with a double-header, two half hours episodes that had one thing in common: Leah's mom Vicki is totally hilarious. In the first episode, she can't understand a phrase Leah's husband Angelo is using to describe Leah. "Highend Order?!" She says it over and over again, not understanding that it's high-end HOARDER. She is full of these malaprops and they are delicious. 

My fav? At the end of the dinner party Leah and Angelo throw to thank their post-Scientology friends for sticking around, a tipsy Vicki says that she is "enhammered" instead of "enamoured". Classic drunk speak. Vicki's gaffe are doubly funny, because of her relationship with Leah. For all her daughter's teasing, it's clear that they are exceptionally close, and it's awesome to see that sort of bond on my reality T.V. for once.

Vicki totally stole the show in both episodes -- especially the second one where she insisted her family throw a "fake wake" in her honor, complete with lox and bagels served afterwards! The family rolls their eyes and goes along with her demands -- but everyone is surprised at the emotional toll the memorial takes on them. I defy you to watch this episode of not go so quickly from laughing to crying that you accidentally toil yourself. Me and my wet drawers are proof it isn't possible.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/174657/its_all_relative_premiere_recap

Leah Remini throws a 'We left Scientology' party on 'It's All Relative'

Leah Remini, star of "King of Queens" (and, if you're a certain age, "Saved by the Bell") debuted a new TLC reality show Thursday (July 11) called "It's All Relative," which is a look at her over-the-top, fun-loving Italian family. The brood includes her husband Angelo, mom Vicky, step-dad George, sister Shannon, daughter Sofia and various others.

In the premiere episode, Leah and Angelo addressed her very public departure of the Church of Scientology as they throw a party to celebrate that "life goes on," as Remini says.

"We recently left Scientology and are currently being shunned by most of our family and friends," Remini explains. "It's not normal for friends of 25, 30, 40 years not to talk to you. ... We still have our struggles with it every day. I look in my phone every day and I want to call somebody and I'm like, 'Oh, they can't talk to me."

But instead of brooding about the friendships they've lost, Leah and Angelo throw a party for "their friends who are still supporting them."

Of course, the party planning is rife with "funny situations," like step-dad George trampling Leah's flowers while he tries to get bird poop off the side of the house.

What is a shame, however, is that the show could have really explored what it was like for Remini to leave Scientology, of which she was a member for decades. But it glosses over it largely in favor of silly stuff, like the bird poop incident.

The second episode is actually worse, as Leah's mother demands a faux wake be set up so she can hear what people will say about her when she dies. Wasn't that a plot of a "King of Queens" episode?

Will you keep tuning in to "Leah Remini: It's All Relative"?

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/leah_remini_throws_a_we_left_scientology_party_on_its_all_relative_premiere-2014-07
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:47:20 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2014, 11:11:11 PM »

Yikes. Ellen DeGeneres jokes with Leah Remini about Scientology

Not new.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1104775/Yikes-Ellen-DeGeneres-jokes-Leah-Remini-Scientology.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Leah Remini Opens Up About Painful Split from Scientology on 'Oprah: Where Are They Now'

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/exclusive-leah-remini-opens-painful-212800859.html

Leah Remini Says Dedication to Scientology Allowed for 'Minimal Time' with Family (VIDEO)

http://www.people.com/article/leah-remini-scientology-family-work
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:40:36 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2015, 08:36:32 AM »

The Heartbreaking Moment That Made Leah Remini Question Her Dedication To Scientology

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/18/leah-remini-scientology_n_7293434.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2015, 07:41:28 AM »

Leah Remini Continues Her Battle Vs. Scientology

Let’s call this what it is, shall we? It’s a war of words.

Leah Remini recently sat down with Oprah to chat during her segment, “Where Are They Now.” Leah discussed all things life related, and how all those things in life were once related to Scientology.

Leah has stated that leaving Scientology was one of the best decisions she ever made. She was raised in the belief system, and cleansing herself of that identity has taken some time. One thing is for certain, Leah has never been hateful when speaking about the Church of Scientology or Scientologists for that matter. She has expressed frustrations, and concerns over the behaviors of the organization, but has done nothing more than .

Sadly, the “church” never does much to spin its image when former members speak out, they simply go on the offensive and attempt to discount and discredit the individual who is critical. For those who haven’t seen the HBO documentary, Going Clear, it’s a must-see. There was really no way to spin the revelations of the documentary from the inside, but when an individual like Leah speaks out, the church has no issue trying to knock the person under the nearest bus.

The church’s official response to Leah?

“Given Leah Remini’s insatiable desire for attention, it comes as no surprise, that for two years, she has been incapable of moving on with her life and remains obsessed with shamelessly exploiting her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get publicity.”

How’s that for evangelism?

For more on this story, check out the video below.

http://www.fame10.com/trending-news/leah-remini-continues-her-battle-vs-scientology/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2015, 07:49:24 AM »

'What am I doing?': Actress Leah Remini shares why she left Church of Scientology

Actress Leah Remini and her entire family had been with the Church of Scientology for over 30 years, but she eventually decided to leave the church for the sake of her own daughter.

During an episode of Oprah's "Where Are They Now?" series, the actress recalled the moment when she realized it was time to leave the organization behind.

"I was working on a Scientology course one day. I was at one of these hotels in Florida and I saw my daughter swimming for the first time while I'm reading this Scientology thing. A tear came down my face," she said. "I was like, 'What am I doing?'"....

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/what.am.i.doing.actress.leah.remini.shares.why.she.left.church.of.scientology/54818.htm
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »

LEAH REMINI EXPLAINS HOW JENNIFER LOPEZ HELPED HER LEAVE SCIENTOLOGY

https://www.latina.com/entertainment/buzz/leah-remini-jennifer-lopez-leave-scientology
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »

Leah Remini reveals the 'hard repercussions' of leaving Scientology in new season of her TLC reality series

By SHYAM DODGE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

The Church Of Scientology gave the following statement to DailyMail.com: 'It comes as no surprise that someone as self-absorbed as Leah Remini with an insatiable craving for attention would exploit her former religion as a publicity stunt in a pathetic attempt to get ratings for her cable show and seem relevant again.'

'She is rewriting history and omits that she was participating in a program to remain a Scientologist by her own choice, as she was on the verge of being expelled for her and her husband’s ethical lapses.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3162896/Leah-Remini-reveals-hard-repercussions-leaving-Scientology-new-season-TLC-reality-series.html#ixzz3g2L3drFD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: