Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leah Remini quits Church of Scientology  (Read 32515 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »

Scientology ‘Mean Girls’ Kirstie Alley & ‘The X-Factor’ Star Stacy Francis Team Up Against Leah Remini, Her Sister Claims

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/scientologists-kirstie-alley-and-x-factor-star-stacy-francis-team-up-to-slam-leah-remini-her-sister-nicole-claims/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »

Former Co-Stars Defend Leah Remini After Her Break from Scientology

Friday July 19,

After announcing her decision to leave the Church of Scientology last week, Hollywood pals - including two of her former co-stars - are speaking out in support of Leah Remini.

“I am always here for her,” says Leah’s former The Talk co-host Holly Robinson Peete. “She is doing really great with not being involved in Scientology anymore.” While Leah was on The Talk, she occasionally discussed Scientology or fielded questions from curious guests.

Leah Remini Leaves Church of Scientology

Although the religion has a tight-knit community of Hollywood A-listers, longtime pals and former castmates are standing behind Leah's decision. Her King of Queens co-star Kevin James tells In Touch, “If [leaving Scientology] makes her happy, I’m very excited about that.”

However, not all of Leah's celebrity pals are sticking by her. In Touch reported earlier this week that Kirstie Alley, also a longtime Scientologist, had cut ties with Leah and was angry with her for leaving the religion. Once news broke about Leah's break from Scientology, Kirstie posted several tweets that sounded like they were directed at Leah, including "The sweetest poison is often served with a smile."

Is Kirstie Alley Angry With Leah Remini for Quitting Scientology?

Despite the blowback, pals insist Leah is at peace with her decision: “Leah would rather lose her career than be a phony,” a friend confides to In Touch. “She seems like a genuinely happier person now!”

There's also one very important person publicly defending Leah: her sister Nicole. Nicole, who left Scientology years ago and maintained a close relationship with her sister, gave an interview to Minneapolis radio station myTalk 107.1 yesterday where she stood up for Leah and her decision.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/stars/news/former-co-stars-defend-leah-remini-after-her-break-scientology
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

Kirstie Alley Under Attack: Leah Remini’s Sister Says, ‘Shame On You’ As Fans Blast Her Over Scientology

Kirstie Alley is under heavy attack, being slammed by fans about her Scientology ties and also blasted by Leah Remini’s outspoken older sister Nicole, who says she wrote “Shame on you” on the star’s Facebook page, RadarOnline is reporting.

Leah’s defection from Scientology led Nicole to reveal unflattering details about the church, its leadership and celebrity members. And while Kirstie has avoided directly mentioning Leah, a former friend, she has sent out cryptic tweets that appear to address the situation.

PHOTOS: Hollywood Stars Who Are Scientologists

One report claimed that Kirstie organized a gathering at the home of Leah’s former best friend to discuss how a group of Scientologist would “disconnect” from Leah. The report is unconfirmed and Kirstie,, again not addressing it directly, appears to be denying it through Twitter. (Scientology denies that it asks members to “disconnect” from people who leave the church.)

Asked about Kirstie’s alleged actions, Nicole told Twin Cities radio station MyTalk 107.1: “I even think about Kirstie Alley. I just wrote on her Facebook page, ‘Shame on you.’”

She added: “So Kirstie jumped on the cuckoo train with (church head) David Miscavige. Because this is what’s funny to me, “really, Kirstie? When was the last time you hung out with my sister?” I mean, I don’t remember Kirstie ever being at my sister’s house. We’ve been to Kirstie’s. Maybe 10 years ago. Maybe they’ve seen each other at events. But when hurricane Sandy happened, Leah reached out the Kirstie, and said, “Hey, let’s get some generators and see what we can do to help, let’s do this.” And Kirstie never even called Leah back. This is before everything happened.”

PHOTOS: Tom Cruise’s Tricked Out SUV Made By Scientology Church Members

Nicole is not the only one who is going after Kirstie.

The star’s Facebook page, which heavily promotes the sale of a weight-loss product she endorses, is filled with comments blasting her about Remini and Scientology.

“YOU HAVE NO business attacking Leah. You are the exact reason why religions break down,” one person wrote.

PHOTOS: Scientology Celebrity Centre Celebrates Anniversary With Famous Members

Other anti-Kirstie comments include:

“I won’t be buying any of Kirstie’s products. She’ll be giving it to the Church of Scientology.”

“She is a $cientologist and believes in things that don’t work…”

“I hope this Leah Remini backlash renders you the lame soul you are. You claimed to be her friend, but you weren’t.”

Messages of support for Kirstie are scattered throughout the page but the Remini defection, and Nicole’s revelation that Kirstie once wrote a “knowledge report” about Leah, has caused huge backlash against the former Cheers star.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/kirstie-alley-attack-scientology-leah-remini-sister-fans/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »

Leah Remini Speaks Out After Leaving Scientology: "I'm Not About to Shut Up"
IN TOUCH.

Sunday July 28, 2013

Although she has faced some criticism since her public split from the Church of Scientology, former King of Queens star Leah Remini is staying strong by sticking close to the people she loves.

"We stand united," Leah said about her family, who have all left Scientology. "I believe people should be able to question things, and I believe you should value family and friendships and hold those close."

Leah Remini's Sister: Our Whole Family Is Out of Scientology

Leah's conflict with the church reportedly began after she attended Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' wedding in Italy. Leah asked David Miscavige, the head of Scientology, where his wife was and why she wasn't attending the wedding. David's wife, Shelly Miscavige, has reportedly been hidden away from her friends and family in a secluded Scientology location and has not been seen in public for several years.

"I'm not about the family being broken up," Leah adds. "And I'm not about to shut up!"

Is Kirstie Alley Angry With Leah Remini for Quitting Scientology?

While some of Leah's friends, like former The Talk co-star Holly Robinson Peete, have been supportive of her decision, other friends, like devout Scientologist Kirstie Alley, have not. Kirstie was reportedly upset when Leah left the religion and posted several angry tweets supposedly aimed at Leah.

Leah and other ex-Scientologists allege that the church has a policy called "disconnection," where Scientologists are not allowed to talk to anyone, even relatives, who has left the church.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/stars/news/leah-remini-speaks-out-after-leaving-scientology-im-not-about-shut
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »

Leah Remini gives clues about Scientology split

New York City, New York, USA (Reuters) - US actress Leah Remini has offered clues about why she left the Church of Scientology, telling People magazine no one is going to tell her how to think or who she can talk to.
Up until now the actress known for her role in the CBS comedy "King of Queens" gave little explanation for her split after three decades with the church that lists actors John Travolta and Tom Cruise among its members.
In a statement this month after the New York Post newspaper broke the story, Remini, 43, thanked fans and colleagues for their support but did not mention the Church of Scientology.
She told People magazine at an event in California on Saturday how important family is and being able to speak openly.
"I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct. That for me, that's what I'm about," the magazine said on its website. "It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to."
In its story earlier this month the New York Post said the actress left the church, founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard in 1954, after "being subjected to years of 'interrogations' and 'thought modification' for questioning leader David Miscavige's rule."
Miscavige succeeded Hubbard as leader of the church in 1987.
Representatives for neither Remini nor the Church of Scientology immediately responded to requests for comment.
Followers of Scientology believe humans are immortal beings whose experience extends beyond one lifetime. Critics of the church describe it as a cult that harasses people who try and quit, a criticism the movement rejects.
Remini told People that she is not alone and that she is still close to her family.
"We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about," she added.

http://www.solarnews.ph/entertainment/2013/07/30/leah-remini-gives-clues-about-scientology-split#.UfejF40weMM
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »

PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Leah Remini on Scientology: 'No One Is Going to Tell Me How I Need to Think'
By REAGAN ALEXANDER

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20721105,00.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »

Leah Remini Scientology Statement - Not Going Away

By Staff
Jul 30, 2013

Leah Remini has released a statement on the fact that she has left Scientology.

The 'King of Queens' star and her family dumped the organisation earlier this month after being subjected to years of abuse for questioning the actions of Church leader, David Miscavige, but now Leah has broken her silence since her departure and has vowed not to ''shut up'' about the secretive sci-fi cult.

Speaking to People magazine, she said: ''We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about.

''I believe that people should be able to question things. I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct.

''That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to.

''It doesn't matter, it could be anything. I thought about the family being broken up for some other cause, and I'm not about to shut up.''

The 43-year-old actress was subjected to five years of ''thought modification'' after she questioned where David's wife Shelley - who hasn't been seen in public since 2007 - was during Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' wedding in 2006.

Remini - who has also queried the behaviour of the Sea Organisation sect within the church - has received much support from the public and her friends and family since quitting the church and it's something she's thankful for.

She released a statement earlier this month which read: ''I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues, and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support.''

The Church of Scientology was founded by American science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard who claimed that extra terrestrial beings were sent to planet Earth by intergalactic ruler Xenu, who then blew up the aliens with hydrogen bombs in a volcano.

These aliens' souls then attached themselves to humans and cause problems that affect the happiness of individuals.

Read more: http://www.nationalledger.com/pop-culture-news/leah-remini-wont-shut-up-about-145342.shtml#ixzz2abdYz18w
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »

Paul Haggis Pens Open Letter Praising Leah Remini's 'Brave' Break With Scientology

THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-reminis-scientology-break-paul-595708
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »

'Everything that's taboo will be in it:' Leah Remini to pen Scientology memoir... as director Paul Haggis comes out in support

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2382051/Leah-Remini-pen-Scientology-memoir--director-Paul-Haggis-comes-support.html#ixzz2agwNyGPv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »

Actress Leah Remini Writing Tell-All Book After Departing Scientology [Video]

What's Done in Dark Comes to Light

Added by Cherese Jackson on August 5, 2013

Leah Remini left the Church of Scientology a few weeks ago and is now ready to talk. The “King of Queens” actress is planning to write a tell-all book about her life, which will include insider observations about the controversial religion. This is the first time that a high-profile celeb is publishing an insider account of Scientology, which is a very controversial yet popular religion among many A-list stars....

http://guardianlv.com/2013/08/actress-leah-remini-writing-tell-all-book-after-departing-scientology/

LEAH REMINI BASICALLY HAS SCIENTOLOGY PR WORKING OVERTIME TO QUELL THE CRAZY
by Jessica Sager August 5

http://starcrush.com/tony-ortega-mike-rinder-leah-remini-scientology-pr/

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:55:54 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »

Leah Remini is set to make millions from her Scientology tell-all book.

The 'King of Queens' star and her family quit the controversial religion last month after being subjected to years of abuse for questioning the actions of Church leader, David Miscavige, and Leah's tome on her time as a Scientologist is wanted by a number of publishers.

Share on twitter Share on email Share on facebook Share on print More Sharing Services
6 August 2013
A publishing ex ecutive told RadarOnline: “Everybody wants the Remini book. If she’ll tell all about her years in Scientology, her interactions with other celebrities in the religion, and what she went through in getting out - well, the sky’s the limit.

“If she were to lift the lid off how the church really operates under David Miscavige and how Tom Cruise fits in, that would up the ante.

“It would have to be a thought-provoking, sometimes funny, sometimes scary, sometimes sad look at Hollywood and Scientology that reveals information never previously known to the public.

“Leah comes across as very bright, articulate and sassy. She definitely has it in her to write a best-seller.”

The 43-year-old actress recently vowed not to "shut up" about the secretive sci-fi cult.

She said: "We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about.

"I believe that people should be able to question things. I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct.

"That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to.

"It doesn't matter, it could be anything. I thought about the family being broken up for some other cause, and I'm not about to shut up."

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=171460&fm=newsmain%2cnrhl
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »

Leah Remini's Sister Says She Was Kicked Out Of Scientology After Tom Cruise's 'Questionable, Drunk' Wedding! -

See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2013-07-17-leah-remini-sister-says-tom-cruise-wedding-was-questionable-and-the-reason-her-sis-left-scientology#sthash.QosjVqdh.dpuf

Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

Leah Remini Files Missing Person Report for Scientology Leader David Miscavige's Wife

Shelly Miscavige reportedly has not been seen in public in six years, and Remini questions whether she is being "punished for her own shortcomings."

After her public break with Scientology last month, Leah Remini has taken action and filed a missing person report for the wife of the controversial religion's leader, David Miscavige, The Hollywood Reporter confirms....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leah-remini-files-missing-person-602723
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »

Leah Remini's Scientology Mystery Solved: Missing Person Case for Shelly Miscavige Now Closed, Per LAPD

Leah Remini begged to differ, but Shelly Miscavige is not missing, according to authorities.
Hours after news broke that the actress had filed a missing person report regarding the whereabouts of the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige, the LAPD confirms to E! News that the case is now closed.
"The LAPD has classified the report as unfounded, indicating that Shelly is not missing," said Detective Gus Villanueva. He said that he didn't know exactly where or when, but detectives did meet with the Miscaviges as part of their investigation and saw Shelly in person...

http://au.eonline.com/news/447348/leah-remini-s-scientology-mystery-solved-missing-person-case-for-shelly-miscavige-now-closed-per-lapd
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »

Wife of Scientology leader fine, won't talk about controversy

Los Angeles Times

Video...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-wife-of-scientology-leader-20130809,0,2774454.story
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: