Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti scifag letter in THE PRESS  (Read 2021 times)
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« on: April 29, 2008, 08:46:25 PM »

Hey everyone - this is a letter that was printed in the Chch Press today! 
It would be so good if people could write in agreeing with this letter!  It is awesome!  And it is so majorly like one of the pamphlets we handed out at our April raid....

I tried to attach it but it's too big so I'm writing it out here:

IRD WRONG

I have learnt that the IRD has granted charitable status to the 'Church of Scientology, NZ'.  I am both amazed and disgusted that we, as taxpayers, will need to shelter this so-called religion under a charitable definition.  THe actions of the CofS around the world, both legally and in many cases illegally, have been reprehensible.  Any sane analysis of the penny novel fantasy offered by the CofS as a belief system is laughable, and I am mystified as to why of how the IRD has been convinced that they should not pay tax.

I would say that any organisation claiming to be a religion can hardly also claim legal copyright on its foundation documentations and belife texts ... only a business seeks this kind of protection and therefore the CofS is a buisiness and not a religion.  I register my strongest possible objection to supporting the methods and practices of Hubbard's business by subsidy through tax relief.  We should get this IRD decision reversed without delay.

Henry Balfour
Nelson

anonyrat

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »

Nice letter Henry!
whitedeth
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »

Someone needs to tell Henry about Anonymous, stat!
Lan
Regulars

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:47 PM »

Sounds like Newstalk ZB.
AnonKiwi
Regulars

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:06:45 PM »

Harry needs /b/lackup!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: