Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Future Future  (Read 6162 times)
Darkstar

« on: September 09, 2008, 12:12:25 AM »

Hey Everyone

As you are all aware the IRC channel and the website we anon have come to rely on have recently gone through a period of change. With nzraid.info dead, and #nzraid expired we have now moved to this site http://kiwianon.net/ and #kiwianon on the IRC server. Additionally, anonyrat has created a social group (a Ning): http://kiwianon.ning.com/ for us all to use.

Swim and I are still sorting out the details for the new site, but once we have got it all worked out we will need to create a new site and front page. The forums, as they appear here, will pretty much stay as they are. Anyway, the purpose of this whole post is to get input on what the new home page and website should look like.

So, what should the new site kiwianon.net look like?

Any input you can provide would be lurrrvely!

What should we have on the front page?
Should we have a blog feature?
What other sites should we link to or quote from?
How much should we cater to new anons on the site?
Should we have seperate pages for each city-of-protest?
What should we have?
What shouldn't we have?

Give us answers and we will give you magic.

Regards,
-L
Eugene
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

We should integrate some kiwis, some wellington boots, sheep, L&P, tomato sauce bottles and some fish and chips into it.
<3 kiwiana.
anonyrat

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:34 AM »

>What should we have on the front page?
A big title. A big flashing link to the forums, and one to the ning. Werds about us. Some links to other places. Some pretty pictures.

>Should we have a blog feature?
Sure why not. Easy to update, works great as long as it IS updated regularly.

>What other sites should we link to or quote from?
the ning, enturb, exscientologykids.com, xenu tv, truth-about-scientology has some good stuff I think. A link to #kiwianon irc. The two sites mentioned just below. If there's a news site still running that would be good. Xenu.net as well I guess, though it's a pain to navigate.

>How much should we cater to new anons on the site?
There are noobs primers elsewhere - www.whyweprotest.net has a quick guide to chanology, and www.anonymousresources.com has a list of activities I believe. A guide to the NZ situation would be win.

>Should we have seperate pages for each city-of-protest?
Probably not unless ppl are gonna commit to updating them. Interlinking with the ning though could be good - the Groups feature there has been enabled, so individual cities can I think have a blog etc there.

>What should we have?
Moar NZFG

>What shouldn't we have?
Too much fail
anonyrat

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »

Oh and a link to any active NZ youtube channels/raid vids.

The ning will be better for the photos/vids/multimedia side of things - some crosslinking will be in order.
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »

OK - you got me - wotz a "ning" stand for?

I want a heading soz I can talk directly to scios that lurk here please.  I promise to keep it clean for thoze that are worried bout me.  I really believe that 99.999% of scios are victims so I would like to try and sort out the false stuff they have had zinged into their brains.  Also when they overstep the mark of decency - as Mike does - they should be told off!  Of course little Davey  and his tiny friend TC are open season.

regards
Martin
newzealand

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »

how about

http://wallpapers.free-review.net/63__New_Zealand_Mitre_Peak_Milford_Sound.htm

with a "ANONYMOUS New Zealand" in semi-transparent white text down the bottom on the sea, sort of like a "100% new Zealand" campaign poster? could look great, and neautral and lively etc, rather than agressive.
Darkstar

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »

OK - you got me - wotz a "ning" stand for?

A ning is kind of similar to facebook/bebo/social networking sites. It's just a community group where you and a bunch of ppl with similar interests share photos/events/ideas e.t.c -- unlike Bebo e.t.c, though, it doesn't require you to give a full profile to sign up.

-L
Eugene
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »

OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »

Yeah, Eugene, I'm liking it a lot.
anonyrat

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »

I want a heading soz I can talk directly to scios that lurk here please. 

Done :)
anonyrat

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 11:07:58 PM »

Copypasta from old(er) thread
"I have a biiggg wishlist of functions I'd like to see on the site, like a shared photo album for protest pics, a calender for important events, and a space to upload and share NZ protest materials like flyers, leaflet, posts and youfoundthecards. Then there's the more traditional 'informational website' stuff like a rundown of the history of scientology in NZ (our ex's will be a great help in this), an outline of the more harmful policies of CoS (disconnection, fairgame, etc) with NZ stories to back them up, an overview of the CoS's front groups (our research will come in handy here), and then a page on 'how YOU can help' and finally a list of links (enturbulation, ESK, xenu.net etc).

Some of that stuff might be too much work to set up, or work better off the site, or just not really be needed. It also depends on whether we want the focus to be on providing resources for existing anons involved in the campaign, or providing information to the NZ public, media and potential new anons. I like to think we can pull off both :D

tl;dr I would liek a shiny site full of NZ infoz that I can put on youfoundthecards and pimp to friend, family and the media as well as random ppl I meet at protests."
Darkstar

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »

I would be happy to help if people want to move away from the current splash screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: