Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BELGIUM  (Read 1077 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« on: June 06, 2009, 11:42:10 PM »

I was sent an update on Scientology’s status in Belgium. If you’re like me, my complete knowledge of Belgium is that it’s the home country of famed detective Hecule Poirot.   Here’s what the writer had to say:

Belgium is a very small country between France and Germany with merely 11,000,000 inhabitants but plays a very important role in the European Union, as its capital is the “capital of Europe”, the most important European institutions and lobbyists are gathered in Brussels. Most of European laws and directives are made in Brussels. It’s the Washington D.C. of Europe so to speak.

Last month the Belgian investigators and magistrates labeled Scientology as a “criminal organisation”, which is a juridical (law) term in Belgium. The investigation into Scientology has been going on since 1997 but due to Scientology’s constant and insatiable appeals, time wasting maneouvres and demands for “further investigative procedures” it is still an ongoing process.

The Executive Magistrate of the Kingdom of Belgium is targetting 14 people (12 of them the highest ranking Scientologists in Belgium) and 2 organisations (Scientology Belgium and the European Office for Public Affairs and Human Rights) for:

* swindling
    * extortion
    * performing medicine without a license
    * forming a criminal organisation

The Executive Magistrate is now executing the very last appeals by Scientology and will then most likelybring the case to court. If brought to correctional court, as is is happening in France at the moment and found guilty of the accusations the organisation will most likely be banned from operating in Belgium, also prison sentencing is not unlikely.

Plus more interesting stuff here at Mark Bunker`s site
http://xenutv.wordpress.com/
Eugene
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »

I knew Belgium were on the right track when it came to the Scilons, but I didn't know exactly where they were on it.
Hopefully within the next year we'll have some more news on this.

Thanks for the update, Idcb!
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:21:22 AM »

Just to let you know that the brussels org is now finaly closed for good.
they moved to the little town of Mechelen.

here's a link to the by laws pertainging to this move.

I went to see for my self, even the plaque is gone.

Meaning there's no way you get scieno services anywhere in the capital of the European Union.

Posted on WWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: