Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scientology in the news  (Read 181398 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

Top level scientologist on trial for
practising medicine without a license in the USA.

Wednesday, Nov 12
Jury Still Out On Butcher 'Guru To The Stars' Trial

The jury is still out on the Feline Butcher -- holistic health guru to such stars as Tom Cruise, Lisa Marie Presley and Queen Latifah -- who is facing 17 counts of practicing medicine without a license and one count of grand theft.

The jury's verdict could put Butcher's holistic health clinic out of business, but it could also put her behind bars. It would weigh heavily on the Church of Scientology, which is a big supporter of Butcher's anti-drug regimen for treatment. Butcher is an avowed high-ranking church member.

More....

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/darwin_was_right/jury_still_out_on_butcher_guru_to_the_stars_trial_100472.asp
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 09:02:39 PM »

Tom Cruise uses his influence to squash "The Complex."

An independent source revealed to me that Amazon had a meeting last week with executives and Tom Cruise was in attendance. Is it mere coincidence that after that meeting we are seeing this book, which was serialized in the UK?s Sun last week is now being pulled from the Amazon UK? Doubtful.

More...

http://glosslip.com/2008/11/12/tom-cruise-meets-with-amazon-now-amazon-uk-pulling-scientology-expose-from-site-coincidence/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »

Scientology Volunteer Ministers Goodwill Tour is pressing on, down the Amazon River. Traveling east from Leticia in Columbia and Santa Rosa in Peru, they have now crossed into Brazil, where they continue to bring Scientology technology to people along the shores of one of the most remote regions of Earth.

They seem to be finding it harder and harder to locate people
anonymous hasn`t brought the truth about them to.

http://www.pr-inside.com/scientology-volunteer-ministers-amazon-r913587.htm
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 05:53:09 AM »

An interesting article about the money scientology
is scamming from people.
It estimates Scientology has a Total estimated annual revenue: $500 million to $550 million.
How much of that do you get Mikey ?

http://www.portfolio.com/news-markets/national-news/portfolio/2008/11/19/Monetary-Value-of-Scientology
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 06:17:26 AM »

Scientology not to be banned in Germany.

I just want to remind everyone that many organizations can legally
exist. However some have, never the less, perished through lack of public support.

"The chairman of the German Conference of Ministers of Interior said on the weekend that the controversial Church of Scientology will not be banned in Germany.

The head of the secret service of the German State of Brandenburg who also is the chairman of the Conference of Interior Ministers in Germany broke the news on the weekend that "Scientology will not be banned" in Germany. A year ago plans in this direction had been announced broadly and reported about internationally.

A secret 46-page report on Scientology of the German internal secret service, Office for Protection of the Constitution was leaked to the media earlier last month and revealed that the German government had not found any evidence for criminal or anti-constitutional activities of the Church of Scientology and strongly recommended not to start a banning procedure.

The news agency ddp reports (a somewhat English translation): Sch?nbohm: Scientology will not be banned Berlin. The controversial Scientology Organization may not be in fear of being banned in Germany. "We have come to the result that a banning would not be helpful", the Brandenburg minister of interior Schonbohm said to Welt am Sonntag according to a report.

Schonbohm is chairman of the Conference of Ministers of Interior (CMI) that is coming together in Potsdam on Wednesday. Last year the CMI conference had ordered the Secret Service to check for a ban per the association law. Sch?nbohm now said to have had a skeptical viewpoint since the very beginning. "We tend to forbid ideas when thinking them to be not fully correct. But we live in a liberal and democratic society where freedom of opinion is of high value", he said. He wishes more trust in democracy. "I consider someone a coward who believes seriously to be at risk because of 5,000 Scientologists", Sch?nbohm said."

Link here.....http://newsblaze.com/story/20081119053535zzzz.nb/topstory.html

http://diepresse.com/home/panorama/religion/430552/index.do?_vl_backlink=/home/index.do

More information in the German and French media:

http://www.welt.de/wams_print/article2732204/Warum-Scientology-in-Deutschland-nicht-verboten-wird.html

http://www.morgenpost.de/printarchiv/politik/article979103/Scientology_wird_nicht_verboten.html

http://www.pr-inside.com/de/scientology-verbot-offenbar-vom-tisch-r918547.htm
ttamaad

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 08:34:46 AM »

He wishes more trust in democracy. "I consider someone a coward who believes seriously to be at risk because of 5,000 Scientologists", Sch?nbohm said."

Yeah right... he doesn't know the half of it
5,000 scn fair gaming a person isn't exactly a democracy
Eugene
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »

Oh sad pandas. =( They were so close too.
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »

Scientology is mentioned in the blurb the Press puts out called "Weekend".  It's an article about "Landmark" which is a seminar-based programme which   'Promises life-changing weekends at $625 a pop.'  A reporter from the Press went along to find out about it. 

He writes: 

In the 1980s there was a fad for est seminars created by Werner Erhard, former Californian Scientologist, used-car and encyclopedia salesman. 
They sounded freaky.  Friends told of being trapped in a conference room, forbidden to take peebreaks, harangued all day about their miserable ineptitude as human beings.
In 1991, Erhard sold his seminar 'technology' to his brother, sister and former employees so they could set up the private company, Landmark Education.

This from http://skepdic.com/est.html

Erhard and Scientology

In the late 1960s, Erhard studied Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard became a significant influence. Scientologists to this day accuse Erhard of having stolen his main ideas for est from Hubbard. We do know that when Erhard set up est he considered making it a non-profit, as Hubbard had done with dianetics and the Church of Scientology. But Erhard decided to incorporate as an educational firm for profit in a broad market.

Erhard and his supporters accuse Scientology of being behind various attempts to discredit Erhard, including hounding by the IRS and accusations of incest by his children. Erhard won a lawsuit against the IRS and the incest accusations were recanted. Erhard has claimed he has good evidence that Scientologists made a strong and concerted effort to destroy him.

est is not dianetics

est bears little resemblance to Dianetics or Scientology, however. est is a hodgepodge of philosophical bits and pieces seemingly culled from the carcasses of existential philosophy, motivational psychology, Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-cybernetics, Zen Buddhism, Alan Watts, Freud, Abraham Maslow, L. Ron Hubbard, Hinduism, Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale, P. T. Barnum, and apparently anything else that Erhard's intuition told him would work in the burgeoning human potential market. (I'm not saying that such eclecticism is a bad thing or that Erhard consciously constructed est out of just these sources. I employ bits and pieces from many of the same sources in my teaching. In fact, after a Socratic performance on the first day of an Introduction to Philosophy course, a student once blurted out: "This is just like est!")

What did Erhard promise those who would shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars for his programs? He promised he would "blow their minds"* and "empower" them "to produce effective action." He would enable them "to produce new ways of working." He would transform the basis of their communication. They would be able "to cause life instead of just living it." "Werner Erhard held out the tantalizing promise of transformation, a word and a concept never precisely defined in the fuzzy syntax-twisted jargon of est" (Pressman 1993).

Bloody hell.  They're everywhere.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:36:13 PM by OnceBitten » Logged
ttamaad

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »

Yeah, Landmark produce the zombie like traits you see in scn. They become fixated on their goal and their communication changes, most become almost manic in their approach to life

Nothing like what is going on in scn at the moment, but then again, Landmark doesnt have a Sea Org (or an OSA)

I realise this is a pretty generalised assumption but when you meet them, my words will ring a bell in your head

They also lack the scn organisation to back them up, Oh and they don't have a fair game policy
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »

Oh, is that right tt.  Well I'd never heard of them until this artiicle.  One positive thing about them though is that they at least aren't trying to call themselves a religion and claim charitable status.  Scientology is as much a business as this crowd, but this crowd are honest enough to acknowledge that they make money are are out to make money.  Scn doesn't do that, but hides behind the 'religion' facade.

Interesting how Erhard had been fairgamed though, and in the NZ cults page http://www.cults.co.nz/l.php
they have this to say about their fair game policy: 

Landmark Education Corporation.  Started in 1985 with the old est "technology". Headed up by Harry Rosenberg, who is the brother of est founder Werner Erhard. This particular group was originally known as Landmark Forum, which is now just the name of the initial (and most popular) training course they offer. This report from a Landmark researcher:

Landmark borrows very heavily on a large number of other very successful and well-proven [albeit often erroneous] ideas and beliefs putting then all into one package. The ideas they borrow come from diverse fields such as Zen Buddhism, Dale Carnegie, the New Age, Scientology and L Ron Hubbard, etc.

Their courses are hideously over priced. Basically you are placed in a classroom setting for up to 14 hours per day over three and a half days being subjected to intense peer pressure from "volunteer landmark workers" - they call them coaches. During this 14 hour day (yes 14 hours) you WILL NOT be provided with any written material at all (take your own notes), neither will Landmark supply you with any refreshments (except water) at all. Not bad considering you paid them NZ$500, is it?

Landmark Corporation is a dubious organisation that preys on the vulnerable people in society (people with personal issues mainly - eg, I don?t love myself, or my parents, or my partner).

Landmark does absolutely no discernable marketing in New Zealand via any of the main stream media (radio, television, print). Their primary way of marketing is via pyramid selling of attendees signing people up for for what is called the communication course.

Do not be fooled at all, the communication course curriculum from Landmark states quite clearly that the object of your communication is to phone as many people as possible and get them to sign up for a Landmark course. This is all cleverly disguised as getting you to communicate better and is backed up by occasional short classroom sessions.

Due to a slightly secretive nature (they certainly would not respond to any of my queries), it is very hard to gauge how large they are, but they are certainly very active in Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton and Auckland.

In other countries (USA, Australia, Netherlands) Landmark Education has made a name for itself for suing those who publish information about it. For more information and some great examples of how badly Landmark Education takes criticism, see the Landmark Education article at Apologetics Index, or the Skeptic's Dictionary Landmark article which points out Those in need of psychotherapy should not participate in LGAT [Large Group Awareness Training] programs. They may be too intense for the emotionally fragile. Landmark Education competes with Neuro-linguistic Programming.

Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

Just a quick note here as a sort of an overview.
There have always been groups that offer to
help you to become enlightened to one extent or another.

People get suckered into this quick fix type of seduction.
And despite the fact these "en lighteners" have been around forever we`ve
only had a handful of individuals throughout history who have
found that most elusive of ambitions .....  completeness.
None of them graduated from something.

So hopefully this statement will save you time , money
and heartache ...

" No one is coming to rescue you from yourself."

Ever noticed how people go around asking for advice
and yet wind up doing what they had already decided anyway.

They were just looking for the first person who mirrored
back to them what was already in their heart.

Isn`t that exactly why people get involved with particular
self help groups anyway ???

Join groups to perpetuate drama.
Keep your own counsel to eliminate drama.

Don`t deceive yourself about it. 

If what I`ve just told you meets with your agreement
it`s because you already knew it was true.
I just reminded you.
So you see, you knew it before I told you.

Without you.... nothing would exist.
Grasp that and you understand that looking
for yourself outside of yourself is all a delusion.

This may seem off topic.
But I assure you the thing that will cause
Scientology to lose it`s grip on the world is evolution.
And Anonymous is the vanguard of that.

Bet you`re sorry you started reading this.....
Or maybe not...

ttamaad

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »

I guess in all this, the warning is... if you start to lose any self determinism, or the ability to decide for yourself what you will and will not do.. get the f@%k out of there.

You can still decide from a distance what your next step is going to be... but it will be on your time and your decision rather than the pressure of someone else
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »

Yes, tt, but that is the danger.  THe danger is when you actually don't know that you are losing your determinism.  Part of the trap is that they actually can cause you to be unable to trust your own decisions, and so you go with the flow, because you think that they know you better than you know yourself.

Take Mike Ferris for example.  He has had all of his self-determinism taken away yet he thinks he is acting of his own accord.  What person in his right mind would imagine that 53 page document of lies would convince an employer that their employee was a Nazi, KKK, cyber-terrorist?  Only a person who had lost his way, lost his sense of reality, but still believed that the cofs knew best would do this.  And that's what scn is.  A sucker of souls.   A breaker of wills.  A destroyer of self-determinism.
ttamaad

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »

Well yes, the trap is actually the subtle changes that happen as you get dragged into the cesspit. Lets face it, even the most intellectual and intelligent have been caught (Mike Ferris aside) My post was far too brief to take all the nuances into account for sure...

But lets take Mike Ferris.. I am still of the belief that people do know right from wrong and that is what makes his crimes all the worse. He is prepared to break up families, lie and be totally deceitful all for the name of something that even he doesn't believe in... no sane person would want to put children in danger or harms way. no sane person would try to deny another to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others, no sane person would deny the rights of others to their own lives (the problem is he would never admit that) Add in the fear that is a part of scn doctination... the fear that you will denied this bridge to total freedom, and there you have the completion of the trap.

Here is Mike Ferris... destroying families, spreading lies and utter bullshit (so much so, that anyone in their right mind cannot even come close to believing) Standing there demanding to know what ordinary people have as their crimes and yet, he is committing crimes that are morally worse than anyone he questions.

To protect a person like Nigel who has mentally damaged his own child, is criminal. I would question anyone who sees this as normal behaviour... yet Mike Ferris has done just that, protected Nigel. For what purpose??  Yet he can pull information out of PC folders and mention those things in public. Something that all religions uphold... the sanctity of parishioners confession... is blurted out in public by Mike Ferris, someone who should not have any contact with that information. To make the crime even worse, he construes the information around to make it appear far worse than it is. Frankly speaking he is placing himself in a precarious position

This, of course will weigh heavy, and as with every criminal, he will continue shooting himself in the foot until he makes the fatal mistake and then it will be handled by the law of the land.

Sad but true.

So if anyone is contemplating scn, then maybe this is the warning to you... Mike Ferris is a shining example of what can happen to you as scn slowly but surely stifles your self determinism. Mike Ferris is just one person... the trouble is that scn is littered with individuals exactly like him. All striving to make a name for themselves in the eyes of other scn, so they can be commended by scn, what a price to pay for adoration.
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »

I came into scio before the ethics that is rampant today.  When the 'ethics" were introduced in the late 60's it was very noticeable that some people relished it and others (like me) didn't.  Don't get me wrong - I was never a perfect individual but however I didn't agree with the corporate vilification of an individual.

I guess there will always be people that get pleasure on shitting on people.  Mikey - you have to be one of these.  Sorry mate I don't see it any other way.  Tell me I'm wrong.

Mikey isn't getting rich on scio - like DM and cronies.  So why does he do it?  It gets his rocks off. QED.  Every cult has it's hit men - scio is no different.  The people to rise through the ranks to be these hit men are those who would be the hit men in any cult.  As they say - shit floats to the top!  I cleaned out my septic tank a few weeks ago and it's true!!  I saw a few Mikeys in there.

Mikey,  I am not the best human being in the world, but I wouldn't ever do what you do.  I belong to the species homo sapiens - you belong to the feaces homo shit. 

regards, Martin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: