Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: latest news from the org.  (Read 46705 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »

Scientology Apostate Part II: Life In the Org

By Lauren Smiley Tue., Sep. 27 2011

Yesterday, we posted documents purportedly smuggled out of a trash bin of San Francisco's Church of Scientology by ethicstrouble, a self-proclaimed church member who has decided Scientology is a money-sucking farce and wants out. Two prominent ex-Scientologists agreed the statistics looked legit, even though the San Francisco church's president claims they aren't.

There's no denying that ethicstrouble can speak frankly and intimately about life inside the San Francisco org, to a degree that would make this an incredible hoax if they were making this up. (We refer to ethicstrouble as a genderless "they.")

We've made minor edits to ethicstrouble's answers for clarity and brevity.

SFW: Can you tell us about the setup of the San Francisco org? How many people are actually on staff at the church?

ET: There's a day organization Monday through Friday and a foundation organization that's nights and weekends. It's less than 80 people for each org -- I don't have the specifics in front of me. There's a few that have inheritance [they can live off of] .... Ninety-eight percent do have a second job. Some people are barely getting by with their second job. I know of three people who've taken out a mortgage and filed for bankruptcy a few years later. All their money went to Scientology.

One of the most upsetting things for me is the [Scientology] events where they're getting money from people and the way they just push people. I've seen them go until 2 in the morning pushing people, and a staff member will call the credit card company and get their credit limit raised so they can donate. It's disgusting.

SFW: According to the stats you sent us, there's very few people taking courses or new members coming in the door. How does the church afford that fancy historic building on Columbus?

ET: They own it. They paid it off in the last year or two.  The org survives only because of deep pockets. Now almost all the events take place in the org because there's no money. In the old days, they were in a hotel.

SFW: Can you tell us about the layout of the basement of the org?

ET: The basement is the purification program and the auditing. At the bottom of the stairs to the right is the administration room. There's 18 to 20 auditing rooms. They're empty most of the time. Past that, you go down a hallway and they have a good-size sauna, a shower for the men and one for the women, that's where people do the purification and take the niacin.

There's a small lounge area and seven treadmills to do the exercise before go into the saunas -- you have to run for 20 minutes before going into the sauna. We're expected to do [purification] five hours a day, seven days a week.

SFW: Does the org talk about the celebrities in Scientology a lot? 

ET: Not at all. It's not a big thing at all. It's a big thing for upper management probably, but not for the ordinary guy or gal in the church.

SFW: So how do Scientologists feel about the internet?

ET: Anything anti-Scientology is not talked about in the org. None of the computers in the org are connected to the Internet. You can do anything you want on the Internet [on your own time], you just can't look at sites that are anti-Scientology. For so many years I so believed and was told never to look on the Internet [for anti-Scientology websites], and I never did. You get in so much trouble if you look on the Internet. They make you do ammends and you're just tormented so you never do it, because you're afraid to.

Still, there are people getting busted doing it all the time. [People who are caught] have ethics interviews, they bring them in and show them the "true data." They say you're giving power to the enemy by putting a hit on their site. So if they have all these pageviews then that's giving them power.

SFW: How do people have to make amends if they are busted looking at an anti-Scientology site?

ET: People come up with weird ideas. They can hand out 1,000 pieces of Scientology promo, like hand out '1,000 Ways To Happiness' brochures. Or call up 1,000 Scientologists and make sure they're still in good standing, or do a security check to "clean myself up to make sure I won't do it again." People could say, "I wrote on the their anti-Scientology website that I was a Scientologist and I know the truth and the website was all lies."

SFW: So are the people constantly handing out Scientology brochures outside Old Navy at Fourth and Market doing penance for having done something wrong?

ET: Frequently. We also have staff that do that, but frequently, absolutely. Or they try to sell Dianetics at flea markets.

Tomorrow we'll talk to ethicstrouble about how they decided, little by little, that Scientology was a crock. And yes, Anonymous did play a part.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/09/scientology_apostate_part_ii_c.php
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »

Scientology Apostate Part III: Anonymous' Effect on the Org
By Lauren Smiley Wed., Sep. 28 2011

Earlier this month, Anonymous claimed their first potential defector from within San Francisco's Church of Scientology. Meanwhile, the church's president, Jeff Quiros, told SF Weekly the masked protesters' presence has only buoyed the public's interest in the org.

This week, we've posted the statistics that ethicstrouble claims to have smuggled out of the org, and we've talked with this inside source about daily life at the church. Today, we post our conversation with ethicstrouble about Anonymous.

Disclaimer: We have no confirmation that Ethicstrouble is, indeed, a San Francisco Scientologist. But two ex-Scientologists have said the graphs the source sent us look legit. Now, ethicstrouble says the leadership of the org is changing protocols to make sure such a leak doesn't happen again. "Right now, it's much greater security -- shredding them as soon as the executives see them. There's a shredder in the ED's [executive director's] office, so [the papers] will probably go straight in there."

SF Weekly: What was the reaction at the org when Anonymous first showed up three years ago outside the Columbus Avenue building?

ET: It was pretty shocking and upsetting. I didn't know what to do. People were told not to talk to them, just walk by and go in. The first thing you do when Anonymous shows up is you shut the front gates and make everyone have to go through the side. For staffers, it was like the opposite of how Scientology teaches you to confront a PTS -- a potential trouble source. There's a PTS-SP course on how to confront and shatter suppression. Those things are not being done with Anonymous.

SFW: Who said not to talk to Anonymous?

ET: It comes from San Francisco Scientology President Jeff [Quiros]. He lays down the rules.

SFW: And what's the reaction of the church toward Anonymous now that they're still at it?

ET: It's personal. Some people are are bothered by it and intimidated by it. Most accept it and say that's the way it is, and go about their life and work. But everyone is saying in the back of their mind, "God, they're still there, we're not winning." L. Ron Hubbard says the more they fight us the more it proves we're winning, but it's good Anonymous is out there, because it is starting to wear on people. How long can you say we're winning when the org is empty and Anonymous is out there protesting? Little by little you wake up, and pretty soon you say fuck it, I'm looking on the Internet, I'd like to see what the hell is going on.

SFW: What was most important for you: specific things the protesters said, or the presence of protesters outside?

ET: The presence was the most important. I thought the signs were silly. Most of the signs are silly -- "Tom Cruise looks like an idiot," that sort of thing. It's just the fact they're there, because they're just having fun and dancing -- there's no real information we're going to get. And to go on the [Anonymous] website, if any of the staff members have the gumption to do that.

SFW: What about the graph that [church member] Jerry showed the protesters last month that indicated the  protests have increased the amount of people coming into the org? Was that real?

ET: They don't talk about [the encounter between Jerry and Anonymous] in the org, but when I saw the graph online, it's not true. His graph is going up. It was too perfect, to be frank. Look at the graphs I sent you and how wacko they are. That his graph was perfect, slowing going up -- give me a break!

SFW: Is there anyone else doubting Scientology within the org?

ET: I know of two people.

SFW: Have those two been affected by Anonymous as well?

ET: Yes.

SFW: How important would you say Anonymous was to your starting to question Scientology?

ET: If it weren't for Anonymous, I may still be in, because Anonymous pushed me to look harder. I said, Why aren't these guys going away? I always had an excuse for everything. The reason we're talking is I want to acknowledge the people raiding in San Francisco because it helped me wake up. Without them, it would have taken longer.

Tomorrow we'll talk more about ethicstrouble's path to questioning the church.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/09/scientology_apostate_part_iii.php
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »

Scientology Apostate Part IV: Deciding the Church Was a Fraud
By Lauren Smiley Thu., Sep. 29 2011

For our final post -- for now -- from the self-proclaimed Scientologist apostate inside the San Francisco Church of Scientology, we talk to ethicstrouble about the path to deciding that Scientology was a hoax. "The reason I'm talking to you is I want this thing to fall apart," ethicstrouble told us. "I think it abuses people's faith, promises things it can't deliver, and I think it's awful."

If you'd like to catch up with our previous conversations, here are our posts to date:
Ethicstrouble releases San Francisco churches statistics
Life in the Org
Anonymous' Effect On Scientology

SF Weekly: So was this a long process or was there one "aha" moment that started you on the path to questioning Scientology?

Ethicstrouble: It's a very, very slow process. You had something in your life that made you so happy, that told you I've lived past lives, I'm an immortal being, and Scientology is going to bring me up to a state where I experience immortality. If you believe that, you're willing to overlook so many things. Once you're a believer, it's hard to break that spell.

SFW: When did the process start for you?

ET: Ive been looking online for about three years now for information.

SFW: So would you say that the Internet is the death knell of Scientology?

ET:  Absolutely. Before you believed whatever they told you, I saw people getting in trouble years and years ago for reading A Piece of Blue Sky [a 1990 book that criticized the church], for having that and looking at it. They were told the book is all a lie, and you were already converted so you totally thought the book was a lie.

SFW: Other than masked Anonymous protesters dancing outside the org, what made you start to question your beliefs?

ET: It's fueled by the fact the technology does not work. Anonymous wakes people up and makes them question more. The chairman of the board say we're going straight up in vertical, but it's been six years and the number [of people] in our courses is the same. You slowly start picking out lies. People who reach these OT levels are supposed to have these special abilities, and you look at them and say, 'They're the same they were years ago.'

[Ethicstrouble references a passage from L. Ron Hubbard's History of Man that states: "So, again, as a final note on this chapter, let's not go upsetting governments and putting on a show to 'prove' anything to homo sapiens for a while; it's a horrible temptation to knock off hats at fifty yards and read books a couple of countries away ..."]

None of them can knock hats off at 50 yards. People in the OT levels supposedly don't get upset anymore, but I know OT8's that get upset all the time. You start finding little things that don't make sense.

SFW: Was there any other major blows to your belief?

ET: The retraining for auditors was supposed to make so many auditors, but there's less auditors! The basics release was a big thing. [Reporter's note: In July 2007, Scientology leader David Miscavige announced the church would rerelease all L. Ron Hubbard's basic books after they'd found Hubbard's original recordings and corrected mistakes.]  For the whole package of the books it's probably about $1,200. It's big money. The blame was put on the people who edited the books, made mistakes and didn't copy it exactly. That's why the books had to be resold. That was a big factor for me -- when I was at that event I was like, 'What the hell, didn't L. Ron Hubbard look at his own books and make sure they were correct?'

SFW: So hasn't the e-meter shown you to be a nonbeliever?

ET: I have learned how to beat it. When you ask a question, if the needle jerks that means there's something there. And when the needle floats back and forth that means you've told all. When you believe, you can't hide anything. But when you start not to believe, all of sudden one day I was in, and I got away with stuff, and I learned I could beat it.

SFW: So were you scared to go online and post that message thanking Anonymous for their protests?

ET: Yeah, but I'm scared of everything I do. Just like I had a purpose to be a Scientologist, now I have a purpose to know what's really going on.

SFW: So what's keeping you back from just walking out of the church and never returning?

ET: The stupidest thing would be say I know it's all a scam. So what I'm doing is what I have to do. Hundreds of people don't go to events and courses anymore, they have left the church, and nobody knows about it. I'm not doing that. If I were to leave the church, I would be declared a "suppressive person."

Every Scientologist would have nothing to do with me. They'd go to my work, put fliers around my house saying what a bad person I am, stuff like that.

[Reporter's note: ethicstrouble confirmed that Tommy Gorman and Jennifer Stewart have been declared "suppressive people" after they left the church and now protest it. As covered in our 2008 cover story, Stewart alleges she was repeatedly raped by a church leader from the Mountain View org, a claim the church denies while having settled with Stewart out of court for a handsome sum. Gorman and Stewart don't mind being declared suppressive people: They show up to protest the church with Anonymous, and Gorman once shaved the letters "SP" into his crew cut.]

SFW: So when will you defect from the church?

ET: I plan on leaving when the things fall apart. You and me talking is no accident. With the attrition that's happening, there's less staff, there's auditors and leaders leaving, things are going downhill in response to Anonymous. At some point, the church is going to crash. I don't know if it's next week, or next year. The reason I'm talking to you is I want this thing to fall apart. I think it abuses people's faith, promises things it can't deliver, and I think it's awful. Me talking to you now is my one little part in bringing this thing down.

Follow us on Twitter at @TheSnitchSF and @SFWeekly

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/09/scientology_apostate_part_iv_d.php
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »

Ethicstrouble, San Francisco Scientology Defector, Taunts Church
By Lauren Smiley Wed., Oct. 26 2011

After a month-long silence, the self-professed Scientology member who spoke with the SF Weekly about deciding the church was a cult has posted a new message online -- virtually taunting the church for its inability to figure out the identity of the apostate in its ranks.

"I have proven your inability to just find one mole. You trust me like you trust that most of the staff is not Ethics Trouble," wrote the apostate on a messageboard of the local Anonymous group, the masked protesters who stage regular protests against the San Francisco church. "This has played out better than I postulated. It's so perfect, I love it." 

To get unacquainted readers up to speed, Ethicstrouble first posted on the same messageboard last month, thanking Anonymous for its frequent protests outside the "org," as Scientology's churches are known, on Columbus Avenue. (In the newest message Ethicstrouble says  "You are impotent against a bunch of kids protesting.")

After some doubted his authenticity -- including the San Francisco org's president Jeff Quiros -- Ethicstrouble then released several graphs of the org's statistics to SF Weekly that the defector claimed were smuggled out of the org's trash. (Ethicstrouble claims that, after the leak, the org changed its policy to shred the statistics more quickly after review.) Several former Scientologists have suggested that Ethicstrouble's stats and follow-up interviews with the Weekly made the person appear to be a true Scientologist.

Our messages to Ethicstrouble in recent weeks had gone unanswered. But in the letter posted yesterday, the defector directly addresses fellow Scientologists, saying the decision to come out in the press as a defector was "because I saw no other way to get to you. To get you thinking, looking, questioning. Its time for us to see we made a mistake."

Ethicstrouble also says that the stats released to us are only half of the ones that were smuggled out of the org: "because of the nay Sayers on the boards I was tempted to challenge/bullbait Jeff Quiros with the threat I would give to [SF Weekly reporter] Lauren all the rest of the graphs (or maybe some more recent ones) with all names intact, you see, I had only given her about half of the them. I have chosen not to out of respect for my fellow brainwashed staff."

We await whatever is next.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/10/scientology_defector_ethicstro.php
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 04:06:28 PM »

STRESS TEST PATTER

”Hello! [handshake] My name is_____ , What’s your name? [tells] ”Nice to meet you!"
[put cans in hands]

"Here is how this Works. I am going to ask you a question, you don’t have to say anything and we’re going to find out what is causing you the most stress in your life. When the needle moves to the right, that shows stress.” [point to the needle so they know to watch the dial]

[Tum the meter on and get the needle on the dial]

”Think of different people and situations in your life.”

”There! [point to the needle falling] That’s stress! What did you just think of?"
[Make a big deal out of the read and say this with impact so that it impinges on them]

[Get in comm. If no real ruin, give them a good and appropriate ack and say] ”Think of something else causing you stress.”

[Get in comm. If still no real ruin, check over the following areas, one at a time, if they haven’t already come up: work, family, relationships, health.]

------

[If you have still not found a ruin, then look a them with good TRs and high intention and say,] "Let me ask you a question, what is the one thing that is really messing up your life?"

[once you have found the ruin, ask] "How long has this been going on?", How is this affecting you life?" or "How does this affect you?" to make it real

[once done, give them a very good acknowledgement and take the cans away and show them the Dianetics book] "Let me show you something. Have you ever heard of this book?” [Put the book in their hands and have them read the first two paragraphs of the inside flap of the cover. Let go while the read it. Take the book away when done.]

”What you just told me about, Where... [repeat the ruin back as exactly as possible] ...this book will show you exactly why that happens and how to fix it." [When you say, "...how to fix it,” put the book into their hands and let go.]

[Then immediately without comm lag, start to hardsell the person Make it your own.]
"GET IT1 READ IT 20 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE. YOU'LL SEE WHY. JUST READ IT.
GET THE BOOK AND READ IT. WHY SHOULD I TALK? THERE'S HOW BIG IT IS, IT 'S GOING TO BLOW YOU AWAY. BUY IT. IT’S____ DOLLARS, TAKE YOUR CHANCE. IT'S GOING TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE. IF IT DOESN’T, FINE. IS THAT WORTH ___ DOLLARS TO YOU? TAKE THE BOOK.” [Continue to hardsell the person as long as needed until they get the book.]

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41815
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2011, 03:58:21 PM »

The latest news from Flag from an insider

I was told today that all of the CSWs; particularly the LOA CSWs are to be approved only by David Miscavige and no one else. Just him, that's it. And staff has to wait until he is good and ready to read them.

Also that there is a new question added to the A-J checks; David wants to know who is masturbating and whoever is found comitting that 'overt' is ordered to do a major ethics program.

The new pre requisites to attest to OT 7 are: to sell at least one Basic Books package and to be a Patron of the IAS, if not then you cannot attest.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25345-The-latest-news-from-Flag-from-an-insider
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 03:09:34 PM »

Auckland ORG Demolished

The org building located in Panmure, Auckland, New Zealand has been pulled down.

Photos....

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25380-Auckland-ORG-Demolished&p=630846#post630846

From their web site...

"You are very welcome to come into the Church of Scientology in Auckland at 44 Khyber Pass Rd., Grafton, Auckland.

We are open each day of the week and weekend and into the evening as well.

There is more information on this website so you are welcome to browse around.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:30:20 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »

Church of Scientology opens in Malvern

It was seeing his wife’s fears disappear after a few hours of counseling with the Church of Scientology, that got Dr. Sheridan Cyrus interested in Scientology.

She had a plethora of unexplained fears, he said. His wife wasn’t able to walk on sidewalks because she had a deep fear of earthworms. Whenever their kids’ teacher left a call from school, she automatically assumed the worst and would feel like throwing up before she even called the school back.

But after undergoing counseling with the Church of Scientology, his wife dramatically changed for the better, Cyrus explained.

Ever since then, Cyrus believes Scientology can help improve people’s lives. On Nov. 12, Cyrus opened Scarborough’s first and Toronto’s fourth Church of Scientology in Malvern.

There’s a lot of people out there and they need help and that’s what we can do with this mission.

— Pat Felske

Located at Neilson Rd. and McLevin Ave., it joins the three other churches on Yonge Street downtown and on the Danforth.

“This is so exciting,” said Pat Felske, the church’s Director of Special Affairs.

“We’ve been waiting for this day for quite some time. There’s a lot of people out there and they need help and that’s what we can do with this mission.”

The Church of Scientology offers courses and counseling in many areas of life including relationship and financial problems, teaching children how to study effectively for school and even tax preparation.

Cryus has been active in the Malvern community over the years, helping raise money for a new Anglican church, which opened in 2001. He also helped expand the Malvern Family Resource Centre.

Working with people at the centre and as a dentist in Malvern, many people have asked him for advice for their problems, he said.

“I see there’s a great need for it [Church of Scientology] because people in the area are worried about their finances, relationships, their children,” Cyrus said.

“I think these are areas we can help them with.”

Around 70 people attended the outdoor opening ceremony including MPP for Scarborough-Rouge River Bal Balkissoon.

Saroma Baillie, 29, a local resident who attended the event said she joined Scientology 17 years ago when she completed their courses on studying and realized it helped her studies immensely.

“I realized that it actually made a real big difference so I kept my interest up,” Baillie said.

“I discovered that there are a lot more things in Scientology that I could use in my own life to help myself.”

http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2011/11/14/church-of-scientology-opens-in-malvern/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »

Impact 123 April 2010 IAS Patrons status'

PLATINUM EXCALIBUR $20,000,000.00 (estimated)

Bob & Trish Duggan & Family

PATRON EXCALIBUR $15,000,000.00 (estimated)

Elizabeth and Michael Baybak & Family

PATRON LAUREATE $10,000,000.00

Richard & Amy Acunto
    Bryan & June Zwan

DIAMOND MERITORIOUS $ 5,000,000.00

Alan & Sheila Atkinson-Baker
    Craig & Sally Jensen

PLATINUM MERITORIOUS $ 2,500,000.00

The Dayton Family
    Doug & Laurie Dohring
    George Duggan & Megan Shields
    Jeffrey Jonas
    The Marian Kapusta Family
    Larry & Margaret Leong
    Kurt & Jenny Listug
    Brandon & Angela Marion &Family
    Ron & Mimi Pollack (Founding Platinum Meritorious)
    The Sgroi- Clouden Families
    Ali & Noor Shawkat
    Farid Tabibzadeh
    Juan D. Villarreal & Family
    David & Bonita Wilson Family

GOLD MERITORIOUS $1,000,000.00

The Alborzi Family................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.....................PATRONS WITH HONORS $100,000.00

NEW ZEALAND

The Carmichael Family
Helen Kay Smith
Clinton Stringfellow

Sober meritorious

$ 0.

Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

Scientology seems to have been dropped from Planet radio.
For years they have had a weekly hour long spot.

Now they just aren`t there...

http://www.planetaudio.org.nz/about

http://www.planetaudio.org.nz/whatson

Also news just in...

"This is it.... The launching point of what we have always dreamed of.... An Ideal Org here in New Zealand !

We have the best building in the world, and we just need to raise the funds, renovate it and OPEN !

We have expanded the org and moved into new quarters that are closer to the new Ideal Org premises, while preparing to renovate and open our Ideal Org building.
Now located in Grafton (at the OutSource IT Building, The Mall, 44 Khyber Pass Rd).
You should come for a tour any time and check out the new Premises."

Wow !!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:35:48 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »

Latest mail out featuring wins from Auckland org.

Photos of "Humanitarian wanna be`s and new staff.

Wins, wins, and more wins till you vomit.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25380-Auckland-ORG-Demolished/page4

Below that some new photos about Auckland org and Ideal Orgs , movie star nights, fun
and briefings and bring money.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25380-Auckland-ORG-Demolished/page4
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:23:49 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 10:00:11 AM »

NEW ZEALAND

Drugs education link to Scientology church

A controversial Church of Scientology drug-awareness programme has received government funding to spread its unorthodox views through schools and community groups.

In the past six months, drug-free ambassadors linked to the church have circulated 130,000 drug education booklets around New Zealand, paid for in part by the Department of Internal Affairs' Community Organisations Grant Scheme.

The ambassadors claim at least 18 community groups – including their "partners" the Maori Wardens – plus at least seven high schools, endorse and use the materials.

Advice offered in the pamphlets is based on research by Scientology's controversial founder, LRon Hubbard, who did not believe in medical drugs or psychiatry but instead in purging oneself of painful experiences to gain immortality.

Ross Bell, executive director of the New Zealand Drug Foundation, warned that the group's information was flawed pseudo-science and could prove harmful to youth.

"This kind of quackery should not be in our schools – we are talking about young people's lives," he said.

"Drug and alcohol issues are complex and therefore we need well-qualified, proper, evidence-based support advice and information."

Bell said Scientology's views on mental health were not based on science, and had been discredited "time and time again" in the countries they worked in.

Other critics, including former Scientologists, say the drug-free ambassadors are also a front group aimed at recruitment which does not openly disclose its ties to the church.

The group, which has various aliases, has also come under fire overseas, including in Australia where its links to the government were described as "worrying".

However, the Church of Scientology New Zealand says its anti-drug group is not aimed at recruitment, instead wanting only to arm young people with factual information about drugs.

"We promote good educational materials on the drugs in use on the streets that people of all ages can relate to and decide for themselves whether or not to start using," said Mike Ferriss, head of Scientology in New Zealand.

He said the booklets were based partially on Hubbard's teachings, plus using local statistics and information.

Only some of the money came from government, Ferriss said. The International Association of Scientologists also made a grant. "As a group we believe that something effective can be done about any problem and it does not have to cost a lot of money."

Several groups of Maori Wardens, which are mainly volunteer organisations funded by the taxpayer, have partnered with the drug-free ambassadors.
Ad Feedback

One of the group's leaders, Rita Peters, is a warden, a Scientologist and an ambassador. She spends much of her time handing out the booklets in places like Otahuhu and Mangere in South Auckland.

Mangere ward leader Thomas Henry said he talked with the group after its members consistently approached him with their pamphlets. He said drugs and alcohol were a problem in South Auckland and there was a need for the material.

"For us, it was free information. We don't have money to pay for these resources so we were thankful that we were able to have a relationship with them," Henry said.

Figures show that during 2011 the Church of Scientology New Zealand, a registered charity, listed its income for 2010 as $1.2 million. Drug-Free Ambassadors, also a registered charity, had an income of approximately $6700, of which $6500 was grants.

Green MP Kevin Hague said any funding given to a group that was a front for the church should be stopped.

"In the case of someone who is struggling with drugs, they are very vulnerable. So their exploitation by the church for their own ends is despicable."

King's College principal Bradley Fenner took up an invitation to speak at an event run by the drug-free ambassadors last year, only to find out afterward it was linked to Scientology. "I was disappointed. In general we would not align ourselves with a group like that," he said.

The drug-free ambassadors programme was launched by one of Scientologist actor John Travolta, more than 10 years ago. In 2003, actor Tom Cruise donated $1500 to the Auckland branch.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/6443289/Drugs-education-link-to-Scientology-church
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

All right the cat is out of the bag! We have now confirmed the location of Scientology's new Class V 'temporary' org:

209 Castlereagh Street, Sydney

Photos....

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?13563-Update-on-the-Sydney-Ideal-Org-situation/page33
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:59 AM »

Melva Collins Travel blog.

http://themelvatravelblog.wordpress.com/

Melva goes to America to reconnect with her daughters Eunice Henley-Smith & Leisa Collins,

Eunice Henley-Smith, http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/e/eunice-henley-smith.html

Leisa Collins/Goodman

Melva is also Grandmother of Fleur,
Laurisse (MIscavige`s squeeze)
and Darnelle.  Ordered divorced from Dave Bloomberg by Miscavige.

Comments from people like Lynnaire Liversedge.

All photos can be clicked on and enlarged

Including a visit to the Gold base.

http://themelvatravelblog.wordpress.com/

Someone may recognize people in the photos or be able to read the subtext.

Love to hear any comments about this blog.
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »

AUCKLAND Org Newsletter/Promo Leak Thread

Following on from my Melbourne and Perth threads, this thread is for the latest newsletter and promo leaks from Auckland and New Zealand. Auckland is pretty much the only 'active' org in NZ, and even then its in a pretty sad state.

Theres not a lot to post, but I am sure anyone interested in matters of Scientology in New Zealand will appreciate these scraps.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26605-AUCKLAND-Org-Newsletter-Promo-Leak-Thread

Latest org news letter added here on 29 March 2012..

"Latest meritorious contributors, Three musketeers, Briefing by Scn C/S Anzo ,
Miss Shane Brokdolf, Nigel Grey`s new home full of new converts in Napier.

What more could anyone want ?

Yep. We all want less.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26605-AUCKLAND-Org-Newsletter-Promo-Leak-Thread/page2
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:32:49 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: