Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press Release for April - comments?  (Read 3412 times)
cvanony
Regulars

« on: March 22, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »

Here is the press release for April.  It is basically unchanged from March, but with info re: disconnect.

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"Anonymous Activists Prepare Worldwide Protest Against Church of Scientology ?

Thousands of people worldwide will stage a protest 12 April against the Church of Scientology's routine abuse of its members and critics. The activist group, calling itself "Anonymous," will picket at local Church of Scientology centres beginning at 11 a.m. local time.

The Auckland protest will be held in two stages - from 11:00 am until 12:30 pm at or near Westfield CBD (across from the Britomart) and, from 1:- ? near the Church of Scientology offices in Panmure.  Some protestors will undoubtedly remain in front of Westfield longer.  In Wellington, the protest will begin at 11am at the  train station and move from there to Manners/Cuba mall.  The Christchurch protest will be at the corner of High St. and Cashel St.

This month?s focus will be on Scientology?s policy of Disconnect, which the Church has said they no longer practice. In truth, they simply no longer write disconnect letters.  Policy itself remains basically unchanged.  Those who leave Scientology are told by their parents, children, friends still inside that they are ?disconnecting? from them, i.e. having no further contact.

Most protesters will wear masks, scarves and other facial obstructions to protect their identity due to Scientology?s policy of defaming and harassing its critics. This policy, called "fair game" in a 1967 letter sent by church founder L. Ron Hubbard, has led to the stalking and harassment of critics like Emmy award-winning filmmaker Mark Bunker and BBC journalist John Sweeney.

Anonymous formed on Internet message boards and has grown rapidly to incorporate people from all walks of life. It includes professionals, students and ex-Scientologists.

The group?s first previous protest on 15 March drew approximately 9,000 people in about 100 cities across the globe to demonstrate peacefully in front of their local Scientology centres.

For additional information about the Church of Scientology and Anonymous? global protests, visit http://www.enturbulation.org and/or http://www.xenutv.com.

C Van
C Dick Run, C Jane Run
C Van Explode.....
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »

Sounds good, xenutv get's noticed now so how about http://www.youfoundthecard.com/ or http://www.exscientologykids.com/admins.html

But it all sounds good and the sites you've put up seem fine to me.

cvanony
Regulars

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:03:36 PM »

Definitely adding those two sites.  Thanks, AS

C Van
C Dick Run, C Jane Run
C Van Explode.....
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:03:51 PM »

Have you seen The "Go Anonymous site"??

http://www.goanonymous.org/

Rana Rahrah

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »

Just a technicality, its scientology's policy of Disconnection, not disconnect.  Its a scilon grammar thing  :P
cvanony
Regulars

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »

Thanks, guise.  Editted PR has gone out to all major outlets.  If anyone has local newspapers, etc. that may not be on my list, please either post here, pm, email...get them to me somehow or other.

C Van
C Dick Run, C Jane Run
C Van Explode.....
AnonKiwi
Regulars

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »

I want that press release for the petition! Then I can take it, the Brits info and we can GO GLOBAL in April! YAY! Go to it CV :p
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:27:47 AM »

Great PR.

Just some technical info.  I think that scientology don't "instruct" their members to disconnect any more.  It's a case of semantics - realize.  They tell their members they can't do any more scientology if they stay connected to their "pts" or "sp" source.

Same thing just a different way of saying it.  Exactly the same as "Fair Game" - they still do it but they don't say they do it any more.

That way their PR's can put their hand on heart and big blue eyes to the camera and say "we don't do that anymore"!!!!!

However it still remains a full on policy to "get" sp's!!  That part was never altered or cancelled.  You can still be tricked, lied to, destroyed etc.  As all of anonymous (and me) are full on SP's then watch out.

regards
Martin
anonyrat

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »

Here's a quote from an ex-scientologist on how disconnection works:

Disconnection, like so many things in Scientology, is
not delivered on proclamations. You won`t hear them
using that word. It`s more like herding a sheep.
See you don`t ever push the sheep through the gate.
You just block off every other option. D+++++++++++n
is rampant.
It`s what Scientology does. Show me a Scientologist
and I`ll show you someone who has "d+++++++++++ed from
somebody."
anonyrat

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

Oh and to clarify on the Wellington protest, we'll be in Cuba Mall at 11 not 11.30. For those of us who want to march and/or are coming in from out of Wellington, I suggest we meet outside the wgtn train station at 10.30 and march down past Parliament to join the others outside BK at 11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: