Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Listen up ex scios - Mikey made a promise!!  (Read 4343 times)
rockyslammer
Editors

« on: December 18, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »

He said in the radio interview that ALL our scio folders would be returned to us IF we asked.

Personally I'm going to ask the radio interviewer Kathryn Ryan to ask for mine.  Anyone else want to be included?

Let's hoist Mikey on his own petard!

regards
Martin
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

I`m down.
I`m definitely down.

Perhaps we could discuss this away from someone who
does and doesn`t monitor our boards.

email me.
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »

What will they say further up the lines??  Oh bugger little Mickeys well and truly f*cked now!

Praise be!!
anonyrat

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 05:03:54 PM »

Sounds like an excellent plan. I'm sure they'll find reasons to delay and delay, but you've got media attention now. Go go go!
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:33:43 PM »

I'm in.  I want to read mine all over again. 

I actually want to read my 'clear cognition'  - what was it again???  Oh yes.  I MOCKED IT ALL UP!!!!

Just like I MOCKED UP WHAT HAPPENED TO ME THE NIGHT I DECIDED TO LEAVE  (ooops, sorry Mikey, correction, when I was expelled for unethical behaviour).

I see you have been using your super powers again Mikey (or should I say snooper powers). 

Oh, by the way - how's Nigey?  We haven't seen him for a while.  I heard he's a bit upset and bawing with all the stuff that's been said about him.  He should have thought about that before he posted stuff about his brother on the forums back in March.  There's hell to pay.  Fancy a 'religion' forcing brothers to behave like that.  Sad, sad, sad.  You might be interested to know that BIll and I are best friends again!  We've got a common goal.  We can share and compare info across the ditch, and it aint pretty.

But that's another story.  Yep.  It'll keep.  New Zealand is ready for another story.  Ready and waiting.

PS.  Nigey.  If you are so upset about what you read on the forums about the crimes you commited in Russia and in the US, why do you persist in lurking?  Seems odd to me.
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »

My step son's a Russian lawyer - what do we nee to investigate here?

regards
Martyin
anonyrat

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »

http://www.privacy.org.nz/fact-sheet-no-2-information-privacy-principles/

Under principle 6 of the NZ Privacy Act you're entitled to access of "readily retrivable" information about you (unless it will breach someone else's privacy), and under principle 9 the personal information must not be kept for longer than needed for the purpose for which it was collected. (Obviously this won't apply to getting information from overseas - Once you could check out www.privacy.gov.au for getting stuff from the Sydney org.)

If you want advice you can contact the Privacy Commissioner's office - 0800 803 909 and enquiries@privacy.org.nz

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:58:39 PM by anonyrat » Logged
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »

Thanks Anonyrat.  I will do just that.

Rocky - I will PM you. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 07:06:01 PM by OnceBitten » Logged
anonyrat

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »

:)

I started transcribing the interview, if anyone wants the direct quote. Starts at 37:45 of the podcast.

Kathryn Ryan: In terms of that information about auditing, for former members, I asked you if the church retains those files, does it retain those files on former member?

[38:00]

Mike Ferriss: We would have um, auditing files for everybody that’s been through the Church of Scientology.

KR: And if a member asks for that information to be provided to them, and any copies destroyed, does the church do that?

MF: Yes.
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 09:08:54 PM »

Mickey has just royally fucked himself.  Scio has NEVER given anyone their folders back.  I put out a call to ex's and not one person has ever gotten them that I could discover.

Anyone know different?

regards
Martin
anonyrat

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 08:37:08 PM »

Bumping an old thread, but I was just reading an interview Mike Ferriss did with Critic (Otago student magazine) in 2002 and they really grilled him about the auditing folders:

Critic: I've got a document in front of me. It's called the Hubbard Dianetics Foundation Enrolment Application / Agreement and General Release. ... Is this a legitimate document?
Ferris: I'm sure you're right. I don't doubt it.

Critic: It's got some interesting things in it. Did you sign one of these when you joined up?
Ferris: Probably.

Critic: Did you sign a form making you aware that secret files could be kept on you by officials of your organisation to which you could have no access at all?
Ferris: No, they're not secret files.

Critic: Aren't they? I'll quote to you: "I understand that as a condition of being accepted for participation in this service I am giving up any and all rights of ownership, possession and control, copying and viewing the pre-clear folder and other files concerning myself, both with respect to the files themselves and the information contained therein." That's a secret folder.

Ferris: No, that's just a summary of one's progress through auditing and so on.

Critic: Yes, but it's secret, and you can never have any access to it. Is that true?
Ferris: Yes, I agree that you don't have access to it. There's no particular reason why anybody would want access to it.

Critic: I can think of several good reasons why. For example, if you left the church and wanted to know what had been written about you. The Privacy Act 1993 guarantees you certain rights to information on yourself. This is just in New Zealand. So, that's a pretty good reason I would have thought.

Ferris: Yeah, to understand the pre-clear file - and certainly if you're going to add this in to your story you should perhaps put an explanation of our side of it - it's essentially a running record of one's progress through auditing, and it's a record so as things aren't repeated and so on. It's really just a record for the auditor to keep, it's not for the person to keep. Your memory of the sessions and so forth is the only record you need of what occurred. It's just an admin sort of exercise.

Critic: So why make it so secret then?
Ferris: It's not so secret. You're putting that word in there. The document doesn't say secret, does it?

Critic: "I am giving up any and all rights of ownership, possession, and control..."
Ferris: Does the document say 'secret'? I mean get fucking real, mate.

Critic: That's the definition of 'secret'.
Ferris: Oh, Jesus! [laughs] Listen, you're coming at this from a pretty weird angle eh, I mean...

Critic: I'm quoting at you from your documents...
Ferris: I really don't care. I mean, that document has got nothing to do with the overall thrust of what scientology is about, and I'm not particularly interested in arguing pieces of paper. I've told you what that thing is about, and you're putting the word 'secret' in there. It is not secret. It is something that a person agrees to if they have auditing. That's all. They don't agree to it, we don't audit them.

The full article is here http://www.critic.co.nz/archive?page=51&type_code=a&archive_id=795
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: