Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am a Kiwi ex-scientologist  (Read 4633 times)
Libertas

« on: December 19, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »

Hi,

Just a brief hello so you don't wonder too much about who the hell I might be.

I am Kiwi ex-scientologist.

And that is the first time I have said that out loud on the net.

Whew!  A big day!

Why am I speaking out now?

There is no short answer to that question.  I have worked through a myriad of issues these past few years.  Leaving scientology has not been, for me, a simple thing.  I did not "leave" in a big upset or some emotional huff.  I considered things very very carefully. I spent a lot of time with only my conscience for guidance. I have not been, and continue not to be, influenced by anything or anyone.  Most of my "work" has been simply reflecting and bashing things out on my own.  It has been a very solitary process for me. 

My story is not destined for any best-seller list nor is it the stuff of block-busters. If you get my drift.  I am merely another person who did scientology and who then found something was terribly wrong with what I saw, what I experienced. 

I have thought long and hard about the responsibilities and consequences of telling my story.  How will it affect those that I love?  By exercising my right to freedom of speech I run the risk of losing some things.  I have had to weigh up many things.  I have already lost a great many things I valued in my life.  I have had to work through great sadness.  It is now my considered opinion that anything I potentially stand to lose was not worth retaining in the first place.  Therefore I find myself liberated from the shackles of silence that my former church would prefer I leave firmly in place. 

Have a brilliant weekend.
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »

Welcome Libertas!  Thanks for joining us on this forum.  I am Genny Long, and I know what you are going though/have gone through to make the decision to make your first post.

I don't know if you have visited www.forum.exscn.net/ but please do and sign on there.  Lots of exes meet and exchange views and you can meet up with old friends and acquaintances.  THis site is great as its just kiwis, and as you've probably seen we talk about and plan the protests etc. 

Welcome
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »

From someone who left in 1982 I know what you will go through.  The rest of your life starts now.

regards
Martin
Roberto
Editors

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

Welcome Libertas...liberty is indeed yours to have, to control and to use.  You are in control.  I recommend what Oce Bitten has suggested..going to the Ex-Scientologist's website...you will find it much more useful for you than this one.

Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »

Go to both sites . Now that you aren`t having every minute of your life
stolen by the cult there is plenty of free time ...yes ??

A warm welcome to you.
As a long time ex it is hard for me to think of any specific advice
to give you and by the way you write, possibly none is needed.

So just pull up a chair and watch , what I consider to be the
greatest threat to freedom that has ever existed,
(ie. Scientology) gradually disintegrate. 

We welcome your company on what promises to be a fascinating
next few months. I still predict April 2009 will be the date Miscavige
is taken away on a hand trolley like Hannibal Lecter .

anonyrat

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »

Welcome to the board! :D I'm all ears for whatever you have to share with us. I help run the board so feel free to send me a personal message if you have any problems/questions :)
rockyslammer
Editors

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »

Please don't consider yourself an " ex scio".  You are either a scio or a normal human being!!

Ex scios are in a sort of limbo - as we all were after we left scio. 

I wish you well with those you love - in fact this is the hardest part to face - (did you notice I didn't say confront?  Us normal human beings speak "proper") 

regards
Martin
Kelz
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »

Welcome to the board. :)
Libertas

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

Hi ya,

Thank you for your welcomes.  I apologise for not replying sooner.   

I have been wanting to say a few words about my feelings about Anonymous.  So here's what's been on my mind:

When Anonymous first appeared on the world scene, I cried, I laughed.  You gave me joy.  I understood your message exactly.  You gave me this surge of hope.  You gave the people like me a breath of fresh air.  I needed that fresh air.  I sincerely thank you. 

I love the way you move.  Your passion.  The way you are so smoothly standing up to the silly spiritual bully - the fun you bring to such a serious issue. 

The way Anonymous has completely disconcerted the CofS has been revealing.  Never before has the CofS faced such a formidable foe.  For Anonymous has struck at the core issues.  The spiritual deception.  The labyrinth of lies.  A free hive-like group of loving people hold so much power.  Unafraid of the bullying tactics of the CofS, Anonymous has just danced and hugged its way to carve out it's place in the history of the falling of the CofS. 

The CofS hasn't got a clue how to make you go away.  Really they don't.  Because they can't.  All they have is a bag of old tricks they have spewed into society all these years.   Anachronistic crap! 

Anonymous, you are fucking amazing!   I wish I could find the words...there are no words.  Just admiration. 

AnonKiwi
Regulars

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »

Thanks. And please feel free to pass on juicy gossip from inside, we loves it so. That is, if you have any.
Libertas

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »

Thanks. And please feel free to pass on juicy gossip from inside, we loves it so. That is, if you have any.

And free I feel. 
OnceBitten
Editors

Seize the moment

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 09:21:35 PM »

Do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: