Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: masks on trains?  (Read 4851 times)
Rana Rahrah

« on: March 27, 2008, 05:00:14 PM »

You know that thing about the masks on trains.....what was that again???   ;)
Nah, just kidding.

I've been enquiring about bus hire from Britomart to Panmure and back (2-3 hrs between) For 40-ish people it will be between $10 - 15 each.
Let me know numbers if you are interested, so I can set this up.
If anyone can help subsidise cost for others, please also let me know.

Also will need set timetable for pick ups
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:10:30 PM »

I'd be keen on that.

whitedeth
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »

I might make a show to Panmure if we did that.

However, there have to be security measures in place for that too. How do we stop someone wearing a mask from getting on the bus if we cant see who he/she is?
AnonymousSupport
Regulars

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »

However, there have to be security measures in place for that too. How do we stop someone wearing a mask from getting on the bus if we cant see who he/she is?

It might be best to keep an eye on everyone at Britomart and see who isn't handing out fliers or doing "Anon" stuff.... ummmm I really don't know.

Will Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

doesn't matter
Rana Rahrah

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 11:29:07 PM »

Well, they'd have to be pretty stupid for one thing.  If they get footage of us, we've got footage of them, afterall!

The other thing is maybe there could be a password that you can give me as I take your $$ for the fare.  There will be ways around this.
It also gives you an opportunity to undisguise yourself on the bus, maybe.

I could however, be a scilon myself, kidnapping you all once I got you on my bus, and  send you on DC8s for more BTs.  We all need more BTs

I feel everyone needs to feel safe doing this, and when we get 700 like London no-one will feel as conspicuous.

I'm still getting quotes, so this is just a ball park figure.

Oh man, I really wanted to hire the Hummers tho.  Can you imagine the lulz on that as we all get out???  Very ominous!  :o
Will Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 06:13:28 AM »

hmmm

I still feel the train is the best way to go.

It's right there.
Cheapish
ane we can fit as many anons as we want.

if you dont want your picture taken at britomart then wear some big sunnies and a scarf (or something else normal).

scarletanon
I'm the worst member here, and a disgrace to everyone.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 01:14:42 PM »

Agree with Will Smith on this one.  Too expensive and risky on the bus idea. 
abcsoup

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »

I would say the trains too. Worked last time right? Just have some big sunnies for de-masking.
cvanony
Regulars

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

My vote (for what it's worth, lol) also goes for the train.

We've learned from the last time, I think.  I will be bringing extra scarves, etc. for people that don't have them.  Perhaps a few others could do the same?

C Van
C Dick Run, C Jane Run
C Van Explode.....
Jack Parsons

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:03:41 PM »

I support the train, too. One big problem with the bus idea is that the scilons will just trail the bus when we leave. What do we think about the idea of, next time we get a Scilon on the train, confronting them rather than ignoring them? Not suggesting violence or aggro, just a happy "what are your crimes? did you hear Mary deMoss blew?" etc.

cvanon's "wigs and facepaint as the second line of defence" is a good idea. ALSO! Bring a change of clothes so you can duck in the toilets at Britomart after the demo and come out looking different.
paneity

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »

Given my legal advice from the Waitakere Community Law Service saying that it is not illegal to wear masks on trains, or any other transportation system for that matter, I composed a letter to Veolia to give background on our issues and to ask if we can get an exemption.

Quote from: Me, to Veolia Transport
To whom it may concern,

I am one of many representatives for an activist group, currently holding peaceful protests against a corporation known as Scientology. In the previous months we have been using your transportation system to move from Britomart Train Station to Panmure Train Station.

During our last trip to Panmure, it came to my attention that your train system has a policy disallowing anonymity by means of masks or similar. This policy is understandable, for the safety of both your train staff and passengers. However, it is of absolute importance for the group I represent to keep our anonymity for our own safety and protection. During that same trip we identified an operative employed by Scientology taking the one opportunity where our faces were not covered by masks to take photographs of us, without permission, on the train. It need not have mattered whether we filed charges of harassment against the operative because the damage would have already been dealt upon us. You see, the corporation we?re picketing against has a large reputation of harassing, stalking and defaming anybody (even to the point of fabricating evidence in legal suits against them) who is found to be antagonistic towards their tenets. I hope you can understand the gravity of our issue.

In light of these recent events, I would like to enquire whether it would be possible to organise a letter of exemption for my group so that they can wear their masks on the train during the next protest event on the 12th of April. Last month we had about 40 participants; this month we are expecting more, but we do not know how many exactly there will be until the day.

I can give you my word, with utmost confidence, that my group will be peaceful and will try not to cause any problems while on the trains.

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,
<My first name here>
whitedeth
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

Paneity, I'm very much liking your approach to this, and the way you've handled it so far.

Keep us updated.

Also, hit the NZRaid channel more often if you can.
anonyrat

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »

Looks like a great email; keep us posted! I suggest anyone else who feels concerned send them a similar email too; if they hear from more people they're more likely to give you all the okay.
paneity

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 02:32:23 PM »

The auto-reply I just got says they "will endeavour to respond within 10 working days". It's ten days till D-Day!  :-\

Hopefully they see it sooner. Perhaps I, or somebody else, should give them a call. I hate phones.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: