Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Welcome ex-scientologist and free zoners  (Read 1228 times)
Filter

« on: March 28, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »

I was originally going to post this in the Christchurch thread but thought it would do better as a general welcome.

I would like to start by thanking any ex-scientologists and free zoners that have taken the time to read these forums. You are all welcome here, from all of us.

By now you have most likely seen the effect that Anonymous has had, we have been villified by the Church of Scientology, painted with one brush as religiously bigoted cyber/domestic terrorist communists who read Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto for inspiration. I wish I was that cool, but the truth is much more mundane.

I realise it can be a difficult concept for many people to understand but Anonymous has no leaders, that no one will tell you what to do. I proposed this analogy to a friend in order to explain the concept. If it's a hot day a lot of people go to the beach because it's a 'good' idea. Because such a large group is in one place are they being led by someone? No, each individual made that choice for themselves.

That is how Anonymous works; view as much information as you can, absorb it, and make your own decisions on what is right and wrong. Because, frankly, no one has the right to tell you what to think.

Let me sum up by saying,

"We're Anonymous, we're people, that's all we are. We're people who have seen this, said 'This isn't right' and decided to take a stand."

(I love that quote)
anonyrat

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »

Welcome to the forums everyone!  :)

It's great to see exes around here. Please contribute in whatever ways you feel confortable with!  You have insider experience most of us lack; I for one appreciate your input. :D

Don't hesitate to PM me if you want to talk in private or have any questions etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: