Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is David Miscavige ?  (Read 17425 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« on: September 01, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »

Find out more about the guy who
is paying you 2 cents an hour
and then asking you to ruin your
families financial future, by donating to his
Real Estate project.

http://www.whoisdavidmiscavige.com/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:31:39 AM »

Little Miscavige Slaps Preclear

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20250
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »

David Miscavige's Qualifications

http://www.itsyourtimes.com/?q=node/4016

David Miscavige is the leader of the Church of Scientology.

How did that come about? How did he get into that position and what are his qualifications?

Well, he was not designated by L. Ron Hubbard. Most Scientologists actually believe that he was put in charge by Hubbard, but that is totally false. Hubbard very specifically left other people in charge of the Church of Scientology. However, those that Hubbard left in charge are the people that Miscavige removed. Everyone that Hubbard put in charge of any part of the church has been removed by Miscavige. Not only removed, but most of them are now out of Scientology entirely.

So how did Miscavige take control of the church? Well, he just did. He said, with a group of strong-arm followers behind him, that he was in charge, and nobody was able to dispute it. You see, there was and is no policy or procedure to stop someone who just assumes control of the church.

Someone steps into that office and says they are now head of the church and unless the current head has more strong-arm followers, well, the church has a new leader.

And that's what happened.

Miscavige then "declared suppressive" anyone who had the temerity to object to his coup, so the Scientology public would never hear what really happened.

Well, what are Miscavige's qualifications? What makes him qualified to run the Church of Scientology?

Did he run a Continental Office for Scientology, booming a whole continent?

Well, no. He's never had that kind of experience, or success.

Did he run one of the big churches, an Advanced Org, a Saint Hill Org -- Flag Land Base perhaps?

Nope.

OK, how about a smaller, local church? Some big city church?

Nope.

A Scientology Mission? A Scientology Group?

Nope. Miscavige has no experience running even the smallest Scientology group.

Well, was he a well-trained executive who had years of on-the-job experience, helping one of Hubbard's selected leaders in some successful endeavor?

Nope.

Well, maybe he's a proven leader in a related field? He ran something that was highly successful?

Still no.

OK, so he has no leadership experience or qualifications. What are his other qualifications?

Is Miscavige highly trained in Scientology "tech"? He has revamped all Scientology training and rewritten Hubbard's books extensively. He directs technical matters world-wide. Surely he is highly trained, Class XII perhaps?

Nope. While his "biography" on line is exceptionally vague about his qualifications, it is known that he completed the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course and, according to his biography, he "audited some people". That's all that is known. What is obvious is that there are thousands of people who are more highly trained and more technically qualified than Miscavige.

Well, then, Miscavige is at least an OT VIII, right?

Well, no. On the Bridge, Miscavige is stalled -- badly stalled -- on OT VII, and has been for 15-20 years. To be a bit clearer: Miscavige has had no significant auditing for 15 years at least. None. He wants "all Scientologists" to keep paying and moving on his "Bridge to Total Freedom" but, even when its all free to Miscavige, he won't go into session.

OK, despite the fact that he has no experience or qualifications for the job, has Miscavige at least proven himself on the job?

Are you kidding? Pretty much everything Miscavige attempts has been an abject failure. This is factually true. He really has had a bad time of it.
His primary job, according to extant Hubbard orders, was to get every church to the size of "old Saint Hill"--the size of Scientology's main center in its heyday. That was supposed to be the criteria for "releasing OT IX and OT X." This was more important than anything else he could be doing. He totally failed. Although statistics are carefully hidden, it is doubtful that any of those previously celebrated "Saint Hill sized" organizations still exist at that size, anywhere. To make it easier on himself, he changed the definition of "the size of old Saint Hill" several times, but, even with the smaller numbers, he still failed. Instead, Miscavige has "led" the Church of Scientology to its destruction.

Technically and organizationally, Miscavige has done more to destroy the Church of Scientology than any enemy of the church in its entire history. His lack of technical and organizational knowledge and experience has been disastrous for the church.

So why is Miscavige still in charge of the Church of Scientology?

The answers are simple. First, Scientologists simply don't know how completely unqualified and incompetent he really is. Second, any Scientologist who does find out, and says anything, is immediately "declared suppressive" and kicked out of Scientology.

But the primary reason is that there is no way to remove him. There is no procedure, no policy, no way to remove the leader of Scientology. No matter how much damage he does, they're stuck with him.
Sharone Stainforth

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:30:21 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNVNvx7F--k
NED

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:25:06 AM »

And to think we sat there at those events believing all that shit!
He's STILL spouting the same bullshit!
Sharone Stainforth

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 01:46:18 PM »

I'm sorry NED, I guess I struck a chord.

Something came up today about Tommy Davis saying most scientologists are 1st generation scientologists. That may be the case with some old die hards whom followed LRH into eternity, but their children are the ones that paid the price, including LRHs own children.

You can find bullshit all over the planet, but none more so in my estimation than in Scientology and I say that from one that was there at the begining of the Sea Org.

There is much I was not aware of until recently, in the last few years, and believe me it has been a real eye opener.

I left early on, in the grand scheme of things, but it has haunted me all of my life, especially in the last few years.

How can this have gone on for so long, without real justice?

Because this organization lies and cheats it's way through the justice system, just like LRH told it to. David Miscavige is second generation and nasty, creepy little bastard that he is uses it to fullfill his own needs.

Money, power and greed fullfill many a persons need to be the ultimate celebrity.

What have you got, really, if you have no conscience?

Scientology has NO conscience, never had, NEVER will.
NED

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 04:16:34 PM »

Hi Sharone,
I am just amazed at the fact that the same crap being spat out by Miscavige is still being swallowed by the poor Scientologists.  It's hard to watch.  They are so brain washed.  It all seems so easy to see from here.  My Christmas wish is that more and more Scientologists wake up and get the hell out!
It must be getting so hard for Scio's to stay in now, they will be being hit constantly for Miscaviges building fund.
Sharone Stainforth

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »

Hi Ned,

I'll draw your attention to Scientology's version of the autobiography of David Miscavige on the Scientology website;

In 1983, L. Ron Hubbard described a heroic Church executive who cleaned the ranks of rogue staff attempting to seize control of Scientology while Mr. Hubbard was engaged in intensive research and absent from the Church. As Mr. Hubbard himself phrased it:

“So forgive me for not managing the Church when it almost fell into hostile hands.  It all came out all right.  Why? Because real Scientologists made sure it did.  My faith was justified.”

That real Scientologist L. Ron Hubbard spoke of was David Miscavige.

“Trust and friendship are things forged in fire and pounded out on the anvil of life. We have been through a lot together. I trust you as you trust me.”

—L. Ron Hubbard to David Miscavige

http://www.scientology.org/david-miscavige.html

I think it is safe to say David Miscavige is indeed a true scientologist, in the likeness of L. Ron Hubbard.

My Christmas wish also is that more people will find their way out of this madness.

Merry Christmas.
Sharone
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »

Who is David Miscavige ?

He`s the guy that is erasing the Pure tech Hubbard left to the world.
See the evidence ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnYGSwbHBTQ
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

David Miscavige’s RTC    
Sunday, 29 May 2011 00:48

by Karen de la Carriere

The Religious Technology Center (RTC) was ostensibly created in 1982 to protect the Technology of Scientology. However, what RTC actually protects is David Miscavige — even when this means altering the Tech. For example, LRH designed the Tech so that a pc could say anything in the sanctity of the session. Per the Auditor’s Code, both the auditor and the Church promise:

Not to evaluate for the preclear or tell him what he should think about his case in session.
    Never to use the secrets of a preclear divulged in session for punishment or personal gain.

But what has happened in David Miscavige’s RTC? Is the pc protected? No. In fact, in direct violation of LRH, here is what a pc may or may not say in session:

It is strictly forbidden for a pc to name David Miscavige as an SP or an antisocial personality. Such an origination is not accepted by the auditor.
    The auditor will become adversarial if a pc names David Miscavige as an SP.
    The pc cannot name DM as an item in a Search and Discovery (searching for the SP)
    The pc cannot name DM in a PTS Rundown
    The pc cannot speak his or her thoughts, opinions, considerations on DM
    If a pc named DM as an SP, he or she can expect to be put onto lengthy security checks

As reported by ex-Freewinds and ex-Flag pc’s who come for repair to the Independent community, David Miscavige is absolutely “off limits” in session. Nothing negative may be said about David Miscavige inside of the Cult of Scientology. Said another way, David Miscavige may only be lavishly praised and glorified inside of the Cult.

Even when DM engages in brutality and human rights abuses he may not be spoken of as an SP. In the normal course of events, what person can get away with beatings, assault and battery? Not only has David Miscavige gotten away with this under the guise of “ministerial exception” granted by a judge, but DM has routinely engaged in:

Sadistic lockdowns and sec checks
    Serving Oliver Twist slop as food to prisoners in the RPF
    Cutting off air conditioning in midsummer to dozens of RPF prisoners locked inside two trailers against their will
    Using Sea Org members as if they were Federal Marshals in an attempt to take custody of a fleeing Sea Org member
    Ordering husbands and wives in the Sea Org to divorce — or otherwise ordering them to posts hundreds or thousands of miles apart so they can never see each other
    Setting the state for wholesale abortions for some 25 years — only recently stopped because of Internet transparency and lawsuits.
    Making staff clean the sewage treatment lake (feces pond) at the Int Base without hazmat equipment
    Forcing executives to clean the oily bilges of the MV Freewinds without proper safety equipment
    Cleaning grease traps at PAC base.

(The grease traps are passages that run under the PAC base kitchens. These passages are approximately two feet in height and are referred to as “Rats Alley” by PAC base RPFers and are the ultimate punishment detail for errant Sea Org Members.)

Rats Alley cleaning detail consists of crawling along the hot, stinking, roach-infested passageways on backboards with wheels to deal with pools of stagnant grease from the kitchens above.

The stock in trade of RTC is abuse.

The stock in trade of David Miscavige is sadistic abuse.

Miscavige is protected from the consequences of his crimes by $1,000-per-hour attorneys. DM’s legal team is led by his personal Lawyer Monique Yingling. She carefully covers his misdeeds along with her husband criminal defense Lawyer Gerald Feffer. What they have covered up, what they have enabled Miscavige to get away with, is a remarkable lesson in just how dirty and profitable practicing law can be when Miscavige opens the flood gates of parishioner money. Unlimited budget.

Inside of the Church, David Miscavige’s sadistic campaign of terror is carried out and enforced by RTC. The staff of RTC fawn, placate and do whatever Miscavige wants — even if this means routinely violating LRH policies, church doctrine, or spying on people. These people are toadies who Miscavige rewards with status, cars, shopping trips, cash bonuses, and better pay for their abject obedience, blind loyalty, and cruelty in carrying out DM’s brutal dirty work.

Early on, Miscavige decreed the beingness of RTC members as "cold chrome steel." Thus are warm only to each other and steely cold to everyone else — to hell with affinity, reality and communication. The RTC network has absolute power over the rest of the Sea Org and exercise that power with cruelty.

RTC has announced that they are responsible for safeguarding the very technology they sabotage and undermine by order of David Miscavige. From 1992 forward, their obsession grew insatiably for power and domination over Sea Org members.

Declaring decent people, physical attacks, screaming, inflicting penalties, canceling auditor certificates, ordering demotions, and invalidating and denigrating technical staff with joyous sadism has became the hallmark of RTC.

Following the tradition of secret police as a modern-day Gestapo, RTC demanded the entire population of Scientology act as secret informers.  A normal report includes copies to the person who is being reported on. But RTC’s report line is confidential. Husbands are encouraged to report on their wives and wives on their husbands. Parents are told to report on their kids and kids to report on their parents. Friends report friends. Marriages, families, and friendships mean nothing to Miscavige.

Failure to report someone to RTC makes one an "accessory to the crime.”  Sea Org members are encouraged to report the slightest infraction and even when there is only a suspicion of something. RTC policy specifies identical penalties for those who "fail to report" to RTC.

As RTC Inspectors were themselves coerced to enforce DM’s draconian punishments with instant alerts to the "Office of COB" something happened. Departure of RTC members began to occur. The good and ethical human beings reached their tolerance level and blew.

Marty Rathbun,  Mike Rinder, and some 25 other former RTC all with Marty and Mike currently, endured the toxic level — the effects of the poison emanating from Miscavige. Despite the loyalty of these people to LRH, their threshold was met. People will either be destroyed if they stay in, or they will blow to regain their sanity.

DM’s self-appointed title as "Chairman of the Board" is a gigantic lie. There is no "Board of Directors." It is a sham and always was. No board meetings occur. DM can remove “board members” using signed, undated resignations kept by him. Battered and abused Sea Org members must sign these resignations on demand.

A normal board of Directors can remove the Chairman for misconduct in any 501C3.  Yet, as DM has no functioning Board of Directors, he has been able to rule year in and year out with impunity. http://www.savescientology.com/

One cruel example of RTC indulging in superiority and bullying is the incident of the RTC Rep at the Flag Land Base in 1995 who decided to target my son Alexander Jentzsch — 12 years old at the time.  Alexander was not permitted to go to school, but instead  was used for janitorial duties 12 hours a day in child slave labor.  Alexander cleaned toilets and the lobby of the Fort Harrison and all the grimy back staircases and service entrances behind the galley in violation of child labor laws.

Alexander told me the story years later. The RTC Rep was a young Miscavige bully who would place his face one inch away from Alexander’s face and say: 

"You  WANT  to hit me, don't you?"

"You want to strike me, but you are too chicken"

"You would love to punch me in the jaw in retaliation, but you do not have the guts, sissy!"

Alexander Jentzsch would say quietly "No Sir, I do not want to hit you," while looking down at the floor. 

Why this RTC Rep had it in for Alexander, why these bizarre episodes occurred, I do not understand. But in the Sea Org you dare not write a Knowledge Report on RTC. And this "RTC Rep" knew that Alexander was orphaned in Clearwater because his Ex- Sea Org mom was 3,000 miles away in Los Angeles and his father Heber was incarcerated by DM and put on slave labor, steam-cleaning the engines of buses from morning till night.

Alexander could not report this child abuse. Alexander could never be critical of a DM’s appointment of an RTC thug. Only years later after the RTC REP blew and was declared, did Alexander feel "safe" telling me about the incident.

Alexander did not feel safe for many years in sharing how he was abused and harmed. When a felony was committed on him, he was ordered to not speak about.   This is symptomatic of the single biggest problem inside of the cult: David Miscavige may never be spoken of negatively in any session. Scientologists who have experienced "adversarial auditing" (the auditor challenging or being hostile to the pc and so on) leave and seek the freedom of old-school auditing in the Independent community.

http://www.scientology-cult.com/david-miscaviges-rtc.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 05:12:58 PM »

Scientology Interview with a Former Insider re David Miscavige

This is an interview with a Former Assistant to David Miscavige, and personal stories about his life inside. Here is a link to the SP TIMES Truth Rundown, which documents his story. Please read as there is more info in this:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1023717.ece AND
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1048123.ece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtCVOhhf9Uw&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:18:42 PM by Ididntcomeback » Logged
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »

Transcript of Miscavige Briefing at the Gold Base

My one-on-one mentoring on DM-speak started in 1996 and lasted until December of 2003. And every bleeping one of them was just like what I wrote above. The funny thing is that DM launches on these incomprehensible diatribes anytime he opens his mouth when he’s not reading from a teleprompter. Layered over that, he’s usually very angry (Tone level: Hate). Note: there are no typos in the following excerpt:

COB Meeting in the Cine Conference Room:

DM: “We go, you guys, what are we trying to do? I’ll tell you, it’s so simple its by ESP. So simple only the most out ethics person in the history of Scientology couldn’t get it. Now that cunt or him. No, even him. He’s absolutely pathetic, you know whom I mean — I know, I have a video of the session. So he’s busted out of WDC and cleaning dumpsters in PAC. He said and then looked at me with that same pie faces I get around here… So, back to: the bigger we go — ok, right! So, ok. Before this goes to Tony for another online edit, so DO we make all those buildings and how to properly introduce them or do we want for the New Year’s videos? Which one?

Steve (comm lagging, no clue what he was just talking about): “Sir, I’m sorry, I didn’t quite follow …”

DM: “What do you mean you don’ t follow? I just fucking explained it to you. Does everyone else in here know what I’m talking about? (Emphatic yes’s and nods all around). Marc, what did I just say?

Marc Yager: “Sir, you said the New Years videos needed a proper introduction.”

DM: “No, the fuck is NOT what I said. You’re suppressive! And you suck dick! Gabrielle, what did I say?”

Gab: “Sir, I believe you said, you were asking him for what is the proper introduction.”

DM: “Yes … and about what?”

Gab: “If the buildings should be bigger with the marketing.”

DM: “Fuck you the fuck I said that! What is SHE even doing in here? She doesn’t even make sense and she’s on Marketing? She’s assigned Confusion and GET HER OUT OF HERE! How did she get in here? Who is here from HCO? Who let her here? Lou!!!”

COB Comm (Lou) (looks at her notes and shakes her head): “I don’t know, Sir.”

DM: “… Greg! If you are fall asleep I am going to put my fist through your cock-sucking baby face and then you’re going to the RPF. Think I’m kidding? All these people on this side of the room, out. Leave! OUT! WDC all the rest, what do any of them know about scripts writing? Nothing. What do any of them know about Scientology or doing their posts? Nothing! You guys can’t string two words together or barely sign your name. All ya’ll on this side, go too. OUT! Nothing. Mike, Marc, Guillaume, you stay. Not because you treasonous cock-sucking mother fuckers know anything, I want you to HEAR what I say so I don’t have to keep saying it 150 times a day repeating myself to you pecker woods after I explain it here. (To COB Asst about the people leaving) Shelly, they ought to be RUNNING back and keep on running up there around their building and I mean RUNNING until I come back.” (Shelly runs out screaming at people to run).

DM: “Lou! (Lou hands DM a protein bar, which he stuffs half in his mouth, a cigarette, and a cappuccino in a Starbucks cup).

DM: (to Marc) “You got some serious out-ethics to handle. You better tell me what you are going to do about it tonight. Guillaume, that includes you. You got no one on post. All you got is his dick up your ass.

Marc Yager, Guillaume: “Yes Sir. I will do that. Thank you.”

DM: “What are you thanking me for? Did he just say that? Literally??? Guillaume, you literally have the worst TRs in Scientology. ‘Thank you, yes, fine, okay, I got that.’”

Guillaume: “Got that, Sir. I will work on that. I get it, Sir. Really, I got that.”

DM: “Steve, you are going to answer the fucking question. I know you know what I’m talking about. Now, ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!” (sits back to wait)

———-

As per usual, the meeting would end badly. Within minutes a transcript would be issued stamped in red, “COB TRAFFIC – NOT TO LEAVE THE BASE” which I would have to word clear (method 2 or method 9) with someone like the Dir Correction RTC (Claire Headley). During that process I would try to piece together what DM was talking about. The odds were about 70% getting it wrong regardless.

Finally, in 2003 when DM added physical beatings into the meetings I decided to abandon the sinking ship.

End of citation.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/transcript-of-miscavige-briefing-at-the-gold-base.79941/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 04:53:55 PM »

On David Miscavige’s Behavior — Part 2

Posted on September 5, 2011 by mrinder| 99 Comments

By Mike Rinder

A recent discussion with Jim Logan and Christie reminded me of a section in Self Analysis that I then pulled out and read in a new unit of time.

It offers insight into the oft posed question: How is it possible that competent and able individuals in “international management” are apparently so incapable of doing anything about Miscavige’s insanity.

I suspect anyone who has ever been in close proximity to POB will read this and wonder how LRH could, in 1951, describe someone in 2011 SO precisely.

This is “Part 2” to an earlier posting concerning PAB 13 titled On DM’s Behavior: http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/on-dms-behavior/

In the interest of improving conditions, I also include the list that accompanies this chapter in the book, so if you read this and feel the need, LRH’s solution is right here for you to avail yourself of.

I laughed when I read the first question. Oh, how prescient LRH is.

Invalidation

Aberrated individuals use two distinct and very aberrated methods of controlling others.

The first consists of forcing the other person to do exactly what is desired with the mechanism of recrimination and denial of friendship or support unless instant compliance takes place. In other words, “You do exactly what I say or I am no ally of yours”. This is outright domination. Additionally, it seeks by anger and outright criticism, accusations, and other mechanisms to pound another individual into submission by making him less.

The second method might be called domination by nullification. This is covert and quite often the person upon whom it is exerted remains unsuspecting beyond the fact that he knows he is very unhappy. This is the coward’s method of domination. The person using it feels that he is less than the individual upon whom he is using it and has not the honesty or fortitude to admit the fact to himself. He then begins, much as termites gnaw away a foundation (as in California) to pull the other individual “down to size”, using small carping criticisms. The one who is seeking to dominate strikes heavily at the point of pride and capability of his target. And yet, if at any moment the target challenges the nullifier, the person using the mechanism claims he is doing so solely out of assistance and friendship, or disavows completely that it has been done.

Of the two methods, the latter is far more damaging. A person using this method seeks to reduce another individual down to a point where he can be completely controlled and will not stop until he has reduced the target into a confused apathy. The lowest common denominator of nullification could be called “invalidation”. The nullifier seeks to invalidate not only the person but the skills and knowledge of his target. The possessions of the target are said to be not quite as important as they might be. The experiences of the person being nullified are minimized. The target’s looks, strength, physical capabilities and potentialities are also invalidated. All this may be done so covertly that it appears to be “in the best interest of” the target. The nullifier seeks to “improve” the person being invalidated.

The first question of this list should be, of course, how many people have you known who have sought consistently, under the mask of seeking to aid you, to tear you apart as a person and reduce your future, your hopes, your goals, and the very energy of your life?

Can you recall a time when:

1. A person much smaller than you resented your size.

2. A person bigger than you made you feel inferior.

3. A person would not let you finish something.

4. An object was too much for you.

5. You found a space too big.

6. You were pushed back because you were too small.

7. You didn’t make the team.

8. You found you were adequate.

9. You found somebody had lied about how bad you were.

10. You discovered you had been right, after all.

11. You found your decision would have been best.

12. You solved a problem nobody else could do.

13. You discovered there were homelier people in the world than you.

14. You found you could ignore somebody’s opinion.

15. You found somebody else thought you really had done something good.

16. You were admired for your looks.

17. You overcame a machine.

18. You accomplished arduous journey.

19. You discovered somebody who slurred you was dishonest in other ways.

20. You found yourself bigger and more powerful than an animal.

21. You discovered your competence.

22. You bested somebody thoroughly.

23. An enemy cried for quarter.

24. You drew blood on somebody else.

25. You took the lion’s share and kept it.

26. You made your weight felt.

27. You were too heavy for somebody.

28. You killed something.

29. You won.

30. You were able to get away from somebody who invalidated you.

31. You discovered you were right and the old man was wrong.

32. You found you could get better.

33. You got well when they had no hope for you.

34. You surprised yourself with your own endurance.

35. You discovered you did understand.

36. You did a job nobody believed possible.

37. You were proud of yourself today.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/on-david-miscaviges-behavior-part-2/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »

Miscavige’s Moral Bankruptcy
Posted on September 23, 2011

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/miscaviges-moral-bankruptcy/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »

the sociopath next door

Over the past three decades David Miscavige has done his best to reverse the practice of Scientology. That is, the further one moves up the Bridge in the church of Scientology the more zealous, tractable, solid, narrow-minded, and in most cases miserable one becomes.  That is not to say that people cannot attain higher Grades and Levels of spiritual state and understanding. It means that those gains are manipulated by deceit and conditioning and stress toward molding a person into a conscienceless, deployable agent for an ill-intentioned cult leader.  Being the consummate covertly hostile suppressive person, Miscavige has managed to do so while stage managing a false identity to his public that he is L Ron Hubbard’s guy.

Miscavige is very well described in the Science of Survival and in PTS/SP technical bulletins, policy letters and lectures.  In fact, the reason why Miscavige could manage his complete reversal of the subject of Scientology with the willing help of thousands of staff members and thousands of once-well-heeled public Scientologists is all explained rather neatly in these Hubbard materials.

Becoming disaffected with the “church” and Miscavige, leaving one’s life works in the “church” behind,  some people have tended to leave behind some of what they learned too.  Most commonly, first and foremost they leave behind PTS/SP technology.  It makes sense.  After all, it is the technology that protects good people against people who intend harm to others.   And so many good people’s experience within the church proved to them that PTS/SP technology is faulty, does not work, or in many cases is the cause of their own travails.

Most people I have encountered who have left the church went through decompression periods of their own. That is, a length of time to destimulate (settle spiritually) from the collective, suppressive acts that finally prompted them to cut ties with the cult while trying to put those experiences into some kind of perspective against their new experiences in the outside world.  The lengths of those periods have varied from months to years to decades.

During my own decompression period I did not want to read or hear anything about Scientology.  That included reading Hubbard books or listening to his lectures.  While I never doubted any gains I had achieved and used my training in living life, delving back into the subject brought about depressing emotions with the recognition that the entity that “owned” the technology was for all intents and purposes destroying it.  I have found that many people shared that resistance during their decompressions.

But I never lost the love of reading and learning and devoured many books on other subjects that interested me at any given time.  Some of them helped immensely in giving perspective in evaluating my life, including my then twenty seven year experience in and with Scientology.  Some books validated and enhanced understandings I had attained from studying Hubbard. I have shared some of those books in the Recommended Reading section of this blog – see the subject bar on the home page of Moving On Up A Little Higher.

I am adding to that list a remarkable book that I just finished, The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout.  I am adding it because I think it might do quite a lot of good for a lot of people who left the church of Scientology.  Not only for those not wanting to review any Scientology material, but for anyone who has encountered David Miscavige or his minions dutifully carrying out his directives.

Stout is a clinical psychologist who specialized for twenty-five years in helping the victims of sociopaths.   The first half of her book shares her real life observations about sociopaths and the effects they have upon social personalities.  Her observations are remarkably parallel to Hubbard’s description of the Suppressive Person.   Note, modern accepted characteristics of the sociopath very closely align with Hubbard’s descriptions of the emotional tone level of Covert Hostility and of the Suppressive Person.  This is so much the case that I have taken to using the terms “suppressive person” and “sociopath” interchangeably.

But, Stout’s first and foremost marker for the sociopath is more complementary of Hubbard’s work than it is duplicative.  Per Stout, the sociopath first and foremost lacks conscience.  It is a very useful and workable observation she shares.

Stout’s second chapter, ice people: the sociopaths, provides an actual case history that, but for career choice and resulting milieu of operation, could serve as the biography of David Miscavige.

Later in the book Stout gives another common denominator of sociopaths that again insightfully adds to one’s arsenal against being ruined by one, the pity play:

The most reliable sign, the most universal behavior of unscrupulous people is not directed, as one might imagine, at our fearfulness. It is, perversely, an appeal to our sympathy.

If you have followed this blog for long, you will know that I have several times wrote of Miscavige’s unnatural ability to paint himself as a victim.  As Stout notes, when a true sociopath is about to get caught out, he or she can very convincingly garner sympathy to divert attention from self.   Miscavige’s ability on that score has become institutionalized.  Virtually all International Association of Scientologist promo and briefings over the past two decades are outright fraudulent, falsely painting pictures of persecution against the cult.  Another example, the folks who have used 24/7/365 surveillance on my wife and me, who have overtly harassed us for 180 odd days running, with straight faces convince a clueless magistrate they must arrest me to protect them.

Stout recognizes the potential for suppressive/sociopathic groups, particularly “religious” ones.  Her description of one “church” sounds hauntingly like what has become of the conscienceless radical corporate church of Scientology:

As an illustration, one can cite the Creativity Movement, a militantly anti-Semitic and anti-Christian group formerly known as the World Church of the Creator, which is a religion founded on the love of the “White Race” and the prescribed hatred of everyone else. Within this doctrine, everyone who is not “White” is by definition a member of one of the “mud races.”  The central moral precept of the Creativity Movement is expressed as follows: “What is good for the White Race is the highest virtue; what is bad for the White Race is the ultimate sin.”   Unsurprisingly, the long-term goal of the Creativity Movement is to organize the “White Race” to achieve world domination.

The conscienceless organization, justifying any means by its alleged assistance toward an end, committing any crime against another person without remorse as long as it can be rationalized as forwarding the group’s power.

Perhaps most importantly, Stout describes how good, intelligent people wind up doing the bidding of a sociopath.

Excerpt:

Why are conscience-bound human beings so blind? And why are they so hesitant to defend themselves, and the ideals and people they care about, from the minority of human beings who possess no conscience at all?  A large part of the answer has to do with the emotion and thought processes that occur in us when we are confronted with sociopathy.  We are afraid, and our sense of reality suffers.  We think we are imagining things, or exaggerating, or that we ourselves are somehow responsible for the sociopath’s behavior.

It goes deeper when it comes to an organization emphasizing the importance of hierarchy and authority. Along the way she gives probably the best sum up and analysis I have read of the Stanley Milgram experiments on how authority can trump conscience.

While the last 1/3 or so of Stout’s book meanders down a sometimes painful path of speculations about possible genetic sources for sociopathy, it still manages to impart useful observations.   It was useful for me in this respect, I was able to recognize that despite Stout’s wonderful contributions (and clearly unintended validation of Hubbard’s work) modern mental health practitioners, regardless of their evolutionary progress over the past four decades, are still shackled by their inability to perceive or unwillingness to credit the spirit or soul.

Just because one is out from under the influence of the cult run by the sociopath/suppressive person of all sociopaths/suppressive persons is no reason not to read this book and hopefully recount, and maybe even re-study your Science of Survival and PTS/SP pack.  Stout, as Hubbard did forty-five years ago, recognizes that our inability to properly identify sociopaths and prevent the havoc they wreak is one of the greatest threats to humankind.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/the-sociopath-next-door-2/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: