Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Petitions for Xenophon  (Read 6060 times)
Anonxmous

« on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »

Anyone up for grabbing a few signatures in Auckland tomorrow (Tue) late AM (need to fax them off by around 2pm)?

Also, would be good to get a photo or two for the media pool.

Also, CHCH, WLGN?

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/259-global-protest-planning/request-aussie-7-re-global-protest-urgent-56894/new/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-senator-xenophon-scientology/media-list-xenophon-rallies-tv-press-57132/new/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 07:57:11 PM »

Personal message sent.

Anonxmous

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Welp, didn't follow up in any event 'cos the Aussie Senate got all het up about everything heating up.

But still, Xenophon has asked for internation petitions, and we should prob do something to get some before Feb when the Senate comes back.
Lenny
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:04:12 PM »

I would be keen!

PM me if you have a question
ramnonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »

There is a climate change march on Saturday in Auckland from Albert Park to Myers Park (I think) it is meant to be relatively large so it could be a good place to grab signatures.
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:21:35 AM »

Can we just put a bit of a hold on this till I take some legal advice.
We won`t have any trouble getting signatures against the cult.
But we need what is being signed to be word perfect.

Do it once.
Do it right.

Stay tuned.   PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

OSA Mike is watching this site.

Roberto
Editors

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »

It would be pointless getting up a petition to the NZ Parliament unless you've exhausted all legal avenues available to you...otherwise you petition is not accepted by the clerk of the House.  Probably the only legal avenues available to you are a) formal complaint to the police about a criminal matter, or b) complaint to the Charities Commission about Scientology being a charity.

Do those first before you petition parliament in NZ
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »

And keep copies of all correspondence.

Re Charities Commission...

Copy of excerpt of post by oncebitten
The full post is here on this board somewhere.
Get to it.

The Charities Commission has notified us that they are going to investigate the cofs in NZ. The Commission requests that anyone who has relevant information that would help their investigation (see below for examples of what would help) should send it directly into the Commission. Here is the address:

The Manager
Monitoring and Investigations
Charities Commission
PO Box 8072
Wellington
sarah.connell@charities.govt.nz

Please send it to us as well so that we know what the Commission is receiving. Email it to me please, rather than PM.

This relates to New Zealand, but source is source is source, so if you have source for the finance directives and PLs it would be totally relevant.

* People who have worked in finance to send specific details (ie scanned pages with the ref) of PLs, directives relating to the sending of a percentage of the earnings of the smaller orgs to the CLOs.
    * First hand accounts of the disconnection policy being applied in NZ, (we sent have some, but moar would be good),
          o Copies of SP declares,
    * If there is someone with an inside knowledge of the finances of the cofs in Auckland - first hand experience in this field, please could they send a letter about what they saw and experienced while working for the cofs.
    * We need info re under-age children working for the cofs, (we have some of these, but again, moar would be good)
    * We need examples of the crooked YFHR Helen Smith doing her thing under the guise of scn,
    * Examples of infiltration of schools, .
    * Copies of the Cease & Desist letters from cofs Auckland.

I'll post this up on Asyd as well as I know a number of SydAnons have been threatened & fairgamed by Mike Ferriss, and of course we have our lovely letter from him as well.

Please make sure you label your correspondence appropriately, and the reference would be Re: The Church of Scientology of New Zealand Incorporated

Anonxmous

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »

To be clear - The petition is to the Australian Senate, and Senator Xenophon specifically requested it, and specifically requested that it be as global as possible.

The wording was agreed over an intense couple of days on WWP, incorporating the requirements of the Australian Legislature, and what was needed for Xenophon.

The petition is already in effect, particularly across Australia and the US (who were particularly active before the whole Liberal/Climate shinanigans).  The wording needs to be consistent to be part of the same global petition.

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/OZ_Senate_Petition

Honourable President and Members of the Senate of the Commonwealth of Australia,

Senator Xenophon said on 17th November that "what we are seeing is a worldwide pattern of abuse and criminality" by the Church of Scientology.

We, the undersigned, petition the Senate to

(a) support the call by Senator Xenophon for a Senate inquiry into the tax-exempt status of the Church of Scientology, and

(b) support the referral of evidence tabled by Senator Xenuphon, suggesting conduct by the Church of Scientology and its members that is unlawful according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and/or its States, to the police for investigation.

---

I affirm my support of the above from _____(PLACE)___ in ___(COUNTRY)____ on this day the _(DATE)nd_ of November, 2009

FULL NAME | ADDRESS | SIGNATURE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: