Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RUSSIA  (Read 11366 times)
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« on: March 26, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »

March 19, 2010          Translated by google

Private school in Moscow proved to Scientology

Interfax - private boarding schools "Elite" in the village Zavorovo Ramensky area controlled by Scientologists - have come to this conclusion operatives of the Center for countering extremism police department in the Moscow region.

In late 2009, school was closed due to lack of licensing and accreditation of educational services, against the owner, the director of the Zhilvest Sergey Pichugin was prosecuted by st.171 Criminal Code (illegal business), wrote in a Friday newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda.

However, during a search in the school operatives seized packages of brochures for Scientology. Applied Scholastics. The checklist, which studied children who were found marking Applied Scholastics and signature of the "Center" Arts Education ", Educational Center" Edelweiss ".

Applied Scholastics ?
"His goal creators Applied Scholastics not hide - dissemination of educational materials and services based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard, the founding father of Scientology," - said president of Russia edition of the Centers Association study of religions and sects, chairman of the expert council on religion-examination at the Ministry of Justice Alexander Dvorkin .

In Moscow, the largest subsidiary of Center Arts Education "is" Edelweiss "- a training center offering tutoring services for all school subjects from 1 st to 11 th grades, extra" courses to improve the living and learning program WISE - International Association Scientology enterprises using management technologies developed by R. Hubbard.

Recently Russia has appealed the decision of the Strasbourg Court in the case of Scientologists in Nizhnekamsk. October 1, 2009 the Strasbourg court ordered Russia to pay cash compensation in the amount of 20 thousand euros for refusal of registration Scientologists in Nizhnekamsk and Surgut. However, as stated by deputy head of the Supreme Court of Tatarstan Civil Affairs Marat Khairullin, RF Ministry of Justice also may challenge the registration of Scientologists.

Original article in Russian:

http://www.interfax-religion.ru/?act=news&div=34714
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:27:04 AM »

Scientologists banned in Altay

Moscow, October 8, Interfax – Barnaul industrial district court satisfied a complaint of the regional prosecutor with the request to ban the Dianetics Center city organization.

The complaint was formulated after regional administration of the Federal Registration Service and Prosecutor’s Office checked work of the Barnaul Scientologist Center.

“The administration officials came across major violations of the acting legislation, including such religious activities as spreading and teaching Scientology religion, non-equal rights of organization members due to the system of donations that depends on how well they know Lafayette Ron Hubbard’s teaching and etc.,” the Russian General Prosecutor’s Office reported on its website.
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

21 April 2010, 16:30
      Works by scientology founder recognized as extremist in Russia

Moscow, April 21, Interfax – On the initiative of the Surgut Transport Prosecutor's Office, materials by scientology founder Ron Hubbard were recognized as extremist and banned in Russia, the Prosecutor General's Office reports.

In compliance with the legislation, they will be included in the Russian federal list of the extremist materials.

The Surgut Transport Prosecutor's Office and the Khanty-Mansiysk customs held a joint check to find out that various recipients in Surgut received international mail deliveries from the USA with literature, audio and video disks on scientology (by Ron Hubbard.)

The informational materials were confiscated and sent to the religious expert council at the Khanty-Mansiysk governor for examination where experts in psychiatry, psychology and sociology concluded that the materials should be prevented from spreading "as they undermine traditional spiritual life basis of citizens in the Russian Federation."

The Surgut Transport Prosecutor's Office applied to the court to recognize confiscated materials as extremist.

On the results of the conducted psycholinguistic expertise it was recognized that the materials "contain evident and concealed appeals to social and religious discord, to promotion of exclusiveness, superiority or deficiency of a person on grounds of his or her social and religious affiliation and attitude to religion, urges to impede legal activities of the state bodies including judicial and law enforcement agencies, to commit crimes motivated by ideological and religious hatred."

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=7182

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Release: Anon condemns Russia's banning of Scientology books???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can see some win in there: How about a press release from Anonymous denouncing the censorship involved in banning Scientology material in Russia? Anonymous wants ALL of Hubbard writings to be EASILY accessible to ALL, not the opposite. We want an increase is accessibility of Hubbard's writings, not a decrease.

After this, it would quite a laugh to see the CoS trying to paint Anonymous labels such as "bigots" or "haters", when we actually are more anti-censorship than the Scientologists are, and could be used as an excellent counter-argument when CoS tries to label Anonymous as "bigots."

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/42-english/press-release-anon-condemns-russias-banning-scientology-books-65658/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »

Russian Company Forced Employees to Take LRH Courses

The Prosecutor’s Office has issued a complaint concerning coercion of an organization's employees to take L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology) training courses under threat of dismissal.

On June 30, 2010, Deputy Prosecutor Vilen Zatsepin issued a complaint to the director of RosKabelSvyaz, Lev Syrolev, concerning the elimination of violations of the Law on Countering Extremist Activities, of labor legislation, and of the Constitution of the Russian Federation.

A verification was conducted and it was found that the management of RosKabelSvyaz, in violation of Chapter 2, Article 19 and Chapter 2, Article 29 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, of Article 3 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, and of Article 1 of the federal law "On Countering Extremist Activities", coerced employees of the organization, under threat of dismissal, to undergo training to improve production efficiency by taking L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology) training courses which involve studying works of L. Ron Hubbard.

An April 21, 2010 decision of the Surgut city court in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra ruled that works by L. Ron Hubbard are extremist on the grounds that they contain ideas justifying violence in general and, in particular, any means of opposing critics of Scientology. Hubbard’s works contain both explicit and implicit appeals for social and religious discord, for promoting exclusiveness by fostering the view of a person’s superiority or inferiority based on his or her social and religious affiliation and attitude toward religion, for impeding the lawful activity of state bodies, in particular judicial and law enforcement entities, and for committing crimes motivated by ideological and religious hatred.

Thus, by its actions to coerce employees of RosKabelSvyaz to study the ideology of Scientology and Hubbard's works, which have been recognized as extremist, the company’s management has violated the above-mentioned norms of law as well as the rights and lawful interests of the employees of the organization.

For Evgeny and Yure

http://www.samproc.ru/news/30.06.2010/51/20376/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »

Scientologists Charged With Extremism
26 July 2010
The Moscow Times

Prosecutors have opened a criminal case against a Scientology center in the town of Shchyolkovo, 13 kilometers northeast of Moscow, on charges of inciting hatred, punishable with up to five years in prison.

Investigators have decided that documents and literature confiscated at the center promoted extremism, a law enforcement official told Interfax, without elaborating.

The decision was based on expertise conducted by leading Russian linguistic institutions, including the Linguistics Institute at the Academy of Sciences, Interfax reported.

In April, works by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard were added to a federal list of extremist materials on the decision of a Siberian court, which de facto rendered all Scientology centers open to prosecution.

The court's decision slammed Hubbard's books as inciting social and religious hatred, justifying violence, especially toward opponents of Scientology, and promoting anti-state views.

Former science fiction author Hubbard created Scientology in the 1950s. The secretive church has faced regular criticism and litigation from former members, who accuse it of being a cult charging massive fees for purported religious services.

Germany has ruled that it is a commercial organization, and several other European governments have refused to recognize it as a religion.

Scientology's branches in Surgut and Nizhnekamsk successfully sued the Russian government in October at the European Court of Human Rights for refusing to list them as religious organizations on the grounds that they had not existed in the country for 15 years.

In June, Samara region prosecutors reprimanded the head of a local telecommunications company, RosKabelSvyaz, for breaking extremism and labor laws by forcing subordinates to study Scientology under threat of dismissal. They cited the April decision of the Surgut court as the reason for the extremism accusations.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/scientologists-charged-with-extremism/411017.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »

Re... Russian Company Forced Employees to Take LRH Courses

http://www.rg.ru/2010/08/20/dianetika.html

Translation

Hubbardkabel

In Samara, RosKabelSvyaz employees were fired for refusing to read books about Dianetics.

by Olga Dimitrenko
Rossiyskaya Gazeta
Aug. 20, 2010

At one of the enterprises in the Samara region, investigators from the Main Directorate of Internal Affairs found that the management forced employees to take Scientology courses under threat of dismissal.

During training, employees paid from 1,500 to 15,000 rubles, said one the enterprise’s former employees, on condition of anonymity. The money was sometimes deducted from wages.

“I worked at the company in 2008,” says the victim. “A month later, I was offered free Scientology courses, but further training cost money. On the company's staff, there was even a so-called supervisor who assigned us books by Hubbard to read and checked up on how we were learning from them. Training also took place at the ‘Dianetics Center’ in Samara. At work, we had to apply the knowledge we acquired. Our wages depended on it. A simple example: if a chief saw that an employee incorrectly, from the point of view of the training, communicated on the phone with a client, part of his pay was docked. The staff turnover was huge. Over a few months, perhaps as many as 20 people quit the department.”

However, resigning from the company was not so easy. According to the victim, if the management was against the employee resigning on his or her own volition, then the employee was dismissed with cause and was not paid in full.

“Most are still working there only because they are afraid of losing the money they earned,” says the woman who spoke with Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

Evidence of the coercion faced by employees of RosKabelSvyaz was uncovered by staff of the counter-extremism center of the Main Directorate of Internal Affairs while verifying operational information about the spread of Scientology at this Samara enterprise. Following verification by the regional prosecutor’s office, a complaint was issued to Lev Syrolev, director of the RosKabelSvyaz enterprise in Samara, concerning the elimination of the violations of the law, and the personnel manager received a reprimand. The prosecutors said that the company’s management violated the requirements of the Constitution, according to which it is prohibited to force anyone to belong to a religious denomination. The investigators also held the opinion that there was a violation of articles of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation regarding the prohibition against requiring employees to perform duties unrelated to their functions. Prosecutors also invoked Article 1 of the federal law "On Countering Extremist Activities", referring to the fact that, in late April 2010, the Surgut city court in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra ruled that works by L. Ron Hubbard are extremist on the grounds that “they contain ideas justifying violence in general and, in particular, any means of opposing critics of Scientology.” "Hubbard’s works contain both explicit and implicit appeals for social and religious strife and for promoting exclusiveness,” the Samara prosecutor's office said in a statement. However, the decision has not entered into force because followers of Hubbard’s teachings are now appealing the decision of the Surgut court to the court of cassation.

The Samara prosecutor's office said that if the management of RosKabelSvyaz does not eliminate the violations and if complaints are received from employees, it will take the matter to court. In addition, management could face administrative punishment in the form of a fine.
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »

How scientology began in Russia (the way I rememer it)

I have not been back in Russia for a very long time.
I call to some of my scientologists -friends sometimes and I have heard that
most of orgs are closed down.
I was there since scientology started. I'll tell how it's all began, the way I remember it.
Dianetics came to Russia in early 90s, following by Scientology. It came at the time when Russian government was looking for something to keep kids off drugs and away from jail.
Late 80 s was the time when lots of Russian kids were protesting "young pioneers" organization and refusing wear their red ties to school. ( In the defence of young pioneers and komsomol, I can say that even though we were brainwashed, at least, kids those days had respect for elderly and for war veterans).
In early 90s lots of kids were partying and getting pregnant at young age (When I say, young age, I don't mean,16 because at 16 in russia you're are legaly an adult. I mean, like at 12-13 years old)
Dianetics came about at the same time as Herbal Life and Mary Kay and a few others things from overseas.The Hubbard Humanitarian Center in Moscow was open in 1993.. The Moscow Church of Scientology was registered in 1994. Scientology came in my city in 1995.
Gorbachev was a president back then and he was looking for something to increase the morals of youngsters. He found Scientology.
I read "Dianetics" and joined the staff right away.In 1996 I also found out there was a squirrels' group in local univercity that also do cources and auditing and there was a girl who went there and got some dianetics 55 processing and got her case all messed up,then she wanted standard auditing,but it was too late to help her. We was all so scared that freezonners will screw up our cases too, and then we would never be able to move on the bridge.
By the year 1996 Scientology spreaded everywhere and it was almost imposible to find a person who never heard of it. It was more popular than Herbal Life.LOL. As thematter of fact,
lots of "Herbalifers" and other sales people was taking scn cources and studying the tone scale.
I was selling books, and delivering lots of dianetics seminars and basic cources for the public.Ups and Downs used to be the most popular cource, because each person who would admit on OCA test that sometimes he has periods when he is very active and sometimes he is not, would be sent to that cource by me.
"The way to happiness" was another very popular book.Along with Criminon and Narconon and Aplied Scolastics scientology spreaded all over Russian schools.
We also was doing assists seminars in clinics and hospitals and assist tech became very popular along with other voluenteer minister cources.
There was also a war going on in Chechnya and some scientologists went there with lots of "the way to happiness " books. Then they came back ,claming they had stoppted the war, because as soon as soldgers began reading the book, they did not want to fight and felt homesick and that's how the war was stopped. And we all believed their version.

In 1996 , I watched the first negative show about scientology on the TV. It was the interview with the girl who was forced to disconnect with SP declared boyfriend and I though, it was not a big deal. Just one girl.But since that time I started noticing more and more anti-scientology shows on TV and articles in newspapers.My best friend and my auditor blew the org after watching one of those shows and when I asked her why, she said she does not want anything to do with sects. That was a big shock for me.

In 1997 I was doing some course sup training in OTL (Hubbard Humanitarian Center became OTL once they imported a few OTs from America and made a first Russian Clear).I got on ethics and was not able to study ,so I was doing some FSMing for a several month.
At that time Scientilogy was in Moscow so popular, I used to make lots of points just by selling books and giving out flyers. That was the time when scientology was still fun. People was sharing lots of sucsess stories and cource sup was not forcing anybody to write them.
OTL was a place I could call home. I was there all day long. I was there eating (had my food in the fridge,) and even sleeping sometimes
My mom came to visit and she freaked out because she heard some cursing and yelling in TRs room.But I calmed her down and sent her home. Staff tryed not to shout and curse around raw meat and threat them as VIPs
People in the orgs were so ethical , was just amazing.. My friend left her gold ring in OTL's bathroom by the sink, a few hours later it was still there. I mean, comparing to my wogs-friends who were stealing and doing drugs, my scientologists-friends were just awesome.
At that time orgs were full of people. Ethics officer, Boris was a nice guy and everybody liked him. Course supervisors were very nice .
There was lots of events going,full of public on and PR of scientology was not bad at that time
-------

Then a man named Richard became a capitan and brought with him several OTs who did not speak any Russian. His plan was to let Moscow mission handle new public and keep OTL only for staff members that came from other orgs for training.
And then I went to U.S.
And when I came back, I don't know what the heck,have happened. I did not recognized Hubbard Humanitarian Center at all. Almost all staff was replaced. I did not know most of people there. My favorite course sup ran pass me in the gray shirt.
The biggest shock for me was the fact that most of staff were very low on the tone scale.
I was looking for MAA I knew to talk to but i was told she is not there anymore, there was another woman instead.We was talking toher about my future plans, I told her "I will see.May be I will go back to US and re-join the SO" and she wrote on report " Time will show" (In Russian "the time will show " and "I will see" have different meanning. One means you're the cause,other does not)
In the middle of our interview, she got up from her chair several times and started yelling and cursing because somebody locked the door.
And the girl who locked the door by mistake was yelling and curcing back at her thru the closed door
(I've seen lots of officers yelling in cursing in SO and got used to that already) but the funny thing was, this one was curcing in Russian, she acted as she did not know what she was doing and why she was curcing. She stopted the com cycle several times just to bang on the door and yell some more.)
It seemed to me she never understood the purpose of shouting with intention, she was just yelling, copying others who were yelling and cursing.
I was looking for some of my friends who I wanted to see and found only two of them and I was not allowed to speak to them .I still was able to talk to some people and found out that most of my friends blew, was RPFed or in freezone right now. I was shocked
Even people who lived in that neighbourhood, was kinda hostile to me and was giving me dirty looks watching me heading in dirrection of OTL.
Everything had changed. I looked around and did not recognize the place.It did not feel like the place I used to call home.
It was full of trained robots who was not hatted at all. OTL looked like a big daycare with no audult in charge. Most of staff members were very young (what happen to others, before I left there was many elderly people on stuff) The org looked like a bad parody of Sea Org .Yes, it was RussianSea Org .
And I was wondering, what's the hell have happened to this place?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20762
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »

Scientologists say Russia lifts publications ban

May 4 2011

MOSCOW (AP) — The Church of Scientology says Russian authorities have lifted a ban on some of its publications.

A statement on the website of the organization's Russian branch says 29 books and lectures by the movement's founder L. Ron Hubbard were banned in late April after a court in the Siberian city of Surgut found them "extremist."

It said Tuesday that Russia's Justice Ministry has dropped the publications from its list of extremist literature.

Ministry officials refused immediate comment, but an online list of extremist literature does not mention Scientology materials Tuesday evening.

Scientology has struggled for acceptance in many European countries.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gprdbVozxGeedTZQHeOQLQrxxLtw?docId=c7a2c4393fb146468a198ebb25aa5bd0
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »

25/5 Tass 234a

MOSCOW, May 25 (Itar-Tass) — Police in the Moscow region have closed an unlicensed school and retrieved 50 copies of
scientology textbooks, the press service of regional police told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.

"The school was located in the village of Baranovo, Naro-Fominsk district. It has been ascertained that it was providing
unlicensed tuition to children aged 6 to14, in the period from January 2009 through May 2011," a police officer said.

A check found 50 copies of scientology literature. These textbooks are undergoing a linguistic expert examination at present.

The revenue from illegal business amounted to 21 million roubles, police underlined.

Criminal proceedings were opened over illegal entrepreneurship deriving large profit.

This offense is punished by a fine, up to 500,000 roubles, or five years in jail.

TV item ...IN RUSSIAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9-XnuURSk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.itar-tass.com/en/c154/150036.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:01 AM »

From: [X] @ReligiousFreedomWatch-RU.org            Part 0ne
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:09 AM
To: gerry@gerryarmstrong.org
Subject: A question to work out

Gerald,

My name is Nikolay and I am representing the Religious Freedom Watch Russia. Recently you’ve been to Russia and RFWRU team is working on some materials on your activity as a critic of Scientology.

We want to make an article on site and we’d like to workout some moments with you. Just to make a try, let’s start from that question:

As you say, there were several physical assaults (six?) and several threats of murder toward you and once you’ve been almost pushed away from highway. Have you made corresponding statements to police and do you have a police records on that?

I hope you don’t mind to have this conversation with me as we want to recreate the whole story picture using certain and reliable facts and documents. So your answers may affect the final state of the article.

Nikolay Varshavsky
ReligiousFreedomWatch-RU.org

Today, Gerry Armstrong wrote:
Nikolay Varshavsky
ReligiousFreedomWatch-RU.org

Dear Mr. Varshavsky:

Thank you for your communication.

I’m glad you only say that my answers may affect the final state of your article about me. If you’d said that my answers will affect the final state of your article, I’d almost have to laugh. All the answers and facts in the world haven’t affected what Scientology and Scientologists have written about me over the past many years.

No, I don’t mind having this conversation with you. I’ve tried religiously, in fact, to find a Scientologist who would honestly engage me about my experiences and knowledge, and so far failed utterly. I wrote last year to Mike Rinder, who executed years of fair game against me for Scientology, about my appeal and my long search for an honest Scientologist. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/4717

If you become that first honest Scientologist, I would be forever grateful, and it would be a boon and blessing for you too.

I’m glad that you say you want to recreate the whole picture of my story. You doubtlessly understand that I don’t believe you. Importantly, for me to begin to believe you, I need some evidence that you honestly do, as you say, want to recreate that whole story picture. I want to recreate it in a number of arenas, most importantly in court, under oath, to judge and jury. I know my whole picture story well enough to know if you become honest about wanting to recreate it. And, as I mentioned, I’ve kept my eyes peeled for any sign of an honest Scientologist for many years.

Since the time I left the cult, Scientology and Scientologists have been trying without cessation to prevent my whole picture story from being recreated. All of the assaults and threats from Scientologists or their agents that you’re asking about were motivated by that same Scientology-wide intention, to prevent my whole picture story from being recreated by shuddering me into silence.

What Scientology and Scientologists over the past many years have tried to make the world think is my whole picture story has been what your scripture calls black propaganda or black PR. Your web site is a black PR organ for the Scientology cult, and your page on me is black PR. http://religiousfreedomwatch-ru.org/religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong

Scientology and Scientologists have pretended for those past many years that their black PR on me is my whole picture story, but that is simply more black PR, more lies. Your black PR on me is part of my whole picture story, but as black PR. Similarly, the assaults and threats you’re asking about are part of my whole picture story, as assaults and threats.

Your Russian black PR page on me is, of course, a virtually direct translation of Scientology’s “Gerry Armstrong” page on its US-based black PR web site with the same design and name as yours, “Religious Freedom Watch.” http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong/

Both Scientology black PR sites, of course, are controlled by cult head David Miscavige.

It is well known that the individual under Miscavige who is the “administrative contact” for the English language black PR site is Joel Phillips. I wrote Miscavige and Phillips objecting to their page on me, principally their very sick black PRing me as an “anti-religious extremist.” One of Phillip’s functions, and presumably one of yours, is to hide the black PR’s source, which is Miscavige. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/armstrong-ltr-miscavige-2006-11-23.html

Because of their virtually conscienceless condition, which is tragically very common among Scientologists, neither Miscavige nor Phillips responded to my reasoned objection, but have continued their black PR attack. Scientologists’ attack reaction is, as you know, justified, and in fact mandated, in your scripture from Scientology inventor L. Ron Hubbard. He directed the “right thing” Scientologists are to do about “any threat:” “Don’t ever defend. Always attack.” Obviously Scientologists view me, or tell each other they view me, as a threat, or you wouldn’t attack me, even with your black PR pages on me.

As I’m sure you are aware, a document purporting to be a spreadsheet of West United States Scientologists who are trusted to do “volunteer” work for your Office of Special Affairs was recently released, and stated that Joel Phillips: “Works for Invest OSA INT.” “Invest,” or “Investigations,” as you know, is a Scientology euphemism for “Intelligence.” Phillips works for the Office of Special Affairs International’s Intelligence Section. This fact was already obvious to people like me, and not really vital because he works for Miscavige who runs everything including intel, but it was nice to see Phillips’ intel work acknowledged in an internal Scientology document.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=tA86cAV6FR9JdHCatI7yQLA&authkey=CKvMx94N#gid=11

His wife Tina Phillips, according to this spreadsheet, also does work for OSA.

It is understandable that Phillips, who is a clear Scientology black propagandist, works for OSA Intelligence, because Hubbard wrote in your scripture that black PR basically “is an intelligence technique.” If you really do, as you claim, represent Scientology’s Russian black PR site, it is reasonable as well to acknowledge that you also work for Scientology’s Intelligence apparatus. Your effort here to obtain details from me would be for your cult’s malevolent intelligence purposes, and not to recreate my whole picture story.

Phillips claimed authorship of a 2007 article “Behind the Scenes at Religious Freedom Watch,” that mentions the Religious Freedom Watch “teams.”

The backbone of the site is the investigators. We have a team in America and a team in Europe. Sometimes they travel back and forth. These people have years of training and have served in very high positions. They make it their life’s work to identify bigots, zealots, extremists, perverts and terrorists. You will see the fruits of their work on the site. Everything is checked and documented. You won’t just find a lot of hair brained yelling and screaming. You’re going to find photographs, interviews, court papers, in a word, PROOF that what you’re reading is true.
http://religiousfreedomwatch.wordpress.com/2007/08/22/behind-the-scenes-at-religious-freedom-watch/

I imagine that you are on the European team that sometimes travels back and forth to America. Your team works for OSA Intel Int.

It is indeed possible to see the fruits of your Religious Freedom Watch teams on your sites, because your fruits are black PR. The checking and documenting that is done is to check and document that the black PR is what Miscavige intends and accepts. The yelling and screaming, of course, is probably done by the victims of your “investigations” and your black PR. But that Miscavige, Phillips, you, or anyone else has proof that what people read on your sites is true, is a conscienceless lie. Miscavige’s Religious Freedom Watch teams’ life’s work is to black PR Scientology’s victims as bigots, zealots, extremists, perverts, terrorists, etc.

It is instructive about Scientology and Scientologists that on your US-based site all the other Scientology targets and I are labeled and black-PRed as “anti-religious extremists;” and on your Russian site we are all labeled and black PRed as “religious extremists.” This contradiction even shows up in the URLs for your two sites’ black PR pages on me.http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong/; http://religiousfreedomwatch-ru.org/religious-extremists/gerald-armstrong

I am, as Miscavige and Phillips know, and doubtlessly you know, neither a religious extremist nor an anti-religious extremist. I know all the other people personally that you black PR on your Russian site as “religious extremists,” and I am convinced that you Scientologists from Miscavige on up, know that these people you target are also neither religious extremists nor anti-religious extremists.

You imply that it was my recent trip to Russia that precipitated your Russian Religious Freedom Watch team’s getting to work on materials to recreate the whole story picture about me. This could be ironic to me because your Russian Religious Freedom Watch black PR site was a factor in my decision and planning to make the trip. I also mentioned your site in a number of talks or interviews I participated in during this trip to Russia.

In that sense, I could thank you and your fellow black PR agents because my visit to your great country (I’m assuming you’re really a Russian, and not Danny Sherman with an accent) was more successful, memorable and meaningful than I ever imagined. I actually consider your contacting me now, even if for your antisocial intelligence purposes, a big win from my Russian mission. I returned to Canada never more hopeful that Scientology’s persecution of the good people who might act in concert with me can be terminated, and that justice for Scientology’s victims, including me, can be achieved.

I became aware of your Russian black PR site last November on the WhyWeProtest forum in a thread entitled “Russian Orthodox Priest now on RFW (Russian version).” http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/russian-othodox-priest-now-on-rfw-russian-version.65205/

Obviously, your Russian site focuses its black PR attacks on Russian targets, principally Dr. Alexander L. Dvorkin, who is, to Scientology’s leadership, a bigger threat to Scientology’s plans and operations in Russia than I am. Your black PR on me in Russian, thus far, as I mentioned, is merely the mindless regurgitation of a translation of Miscavige’s black PR on me from Scientology’s US-based site.

While I was still in Russia, as I’m sure you know, another Scientology-affiliated Internet entity “portal-credo.ru” published much the same black PR in Russian in the form of an interview about me by one Valery Stepanov with your fellow Scientologist Alexei Danchenkov. I had the article translated and then posted a response for Mr. Danchenkov, and for everyone else, on my blog. http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/5011

Because of the facts and nature of your relationship with me, and because of the legal implications of your communication, I will do the same with this response. I am sure you’ve already read my response to the black PR attributed to Mr. Danchenkov, so let me urge you to read it again, because it applies and responds to several black PR points on your Russian Religious Freedom Watch site. It’s also part of my whole picture story, and necessary if you really want to recreate it.

The principal purpose for your black PR on me on your site, of course, is to black PR Dr. Dvorkin, by association with me, since I am an already extensively black PRed Scientology victim. On your US-based Religious Freedom Watch site, you Scientologists black PR many more people by associating us with each other, as I noted above, and identifying us all as “anti-religious extremists.” I had responded to the black PR association on this site between Dr. Dvorkin and me in my 2006 letter to Miscavige and Phillips.

[Your black PR:] “At a meeting of hate groups in Russia, Armstrong met with deprogramming proponent Alexander Dvorkin.”

[My response:] I have never attended any meeting of hate groups in Russia at any time, nor have I attended any meeting of any hate groups in any other country. I have met Dr. Dvorkin several times in Russia and in other countries, he has translated for me on several occasions, and I have been able to observe him for several hours at a time on many occasions. At no time did I observe him attend a meeting of hate groups, discuss attending any meeting of hate groups, or suggest that I or anyone else attend any meeting of hate groups. At no time did he propose deprogramming me or anyone else, as you define “deprogramming” on your hate sites; i.e., activities involving kidnapping and assaults or such stupidities. He is a Doctor of Theology, a religious man in the sincerest rational meaning of the word, and a teacher in religious studies and in religious organizations. He is one of the people identified on your hate sites as an anti-religious extremist that I know with complete certainly is not an anti-religious extremist.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/armstrong-ltr-miscavige-2006-11-23.html
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 02:06:40 AM »

Part two

Your black PR attacks on Dr. Dvorkin and me by association with each other has actually made us associate more with each other, so I thank all you Religious Freedom Watch team members for that. I think this is an expected result among conscienceful people whose associations or relationships people like your team members attack and threaten with your black PR. I had the opportunity, in fact, to observe Dr. Dvorkin each day during my recent trip to Russia, in many settings and circumstances, and over many hours, and became even more convinced of the blackness of Scientology and Scientologists’ black PR on him. I also became more determined to end your persecution of such good people. So thank you for that as well.

I mentioned above that there are legal implications to your communication to me, which I’m sure you know about, but perhaps haven’t fully understood. Whether you are a formally employed OSA staff member or merely a “volunteer,” or if you really believe you are only a Religious Freedom Watch team member, you, Mr. Varshavsky, are a “beneficiary” of Scientology’s infamous Armstrong injunction. This order of the California Superior Court prohibits me from communicating about Scientology or about you or any other injunction beneficiary. I wrote about the injunction, its beneficiaries, and how it relates to Russia and Russians in my recent response to your fellow beneficiary Alexei Danchenkov. I said that a major purpose of my trip to Russia was, in fact, to discuss the injunction and encourage action to get it declared unlawful and lawfully unenforceable. What times I was assaulted or threatened by whom are extremely tangential to the live, personal, global issue of your injunction, your efforts to enforce it, and how you use it.

The beneficiaries in this matter are every Scientology or Scientology-affiliated church, organization or entity and all of their officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, volunteers, successors, assigns and legal counsel. As you can envision, this is a cult-sized number of beneficiaries around the world, and you can easily find yourself among them. The injunction also prohibits me from assisting victims of any of you beneficiaries, or assisting people adverse in some way to any of you. People adverse to Scientology and Scientologists, and adverse to any normal people who are beneficiaries, comprise, as you know, the Suppressive Person class. These prohibitions are unlawful, the injunction was obtained by unlawful means, and Scientology’s actions to enforce the injunction have been unlawful.

Each Scientologist or Scientology agent who assaulted or threatened me, and the people like you who black PR me or run covert ops on me, are all beneficiaries of the injunction that prohibits me from communicating about any of you. Your Scientology-affiliated entity Religious Freedom Watch is a beneficiary of the injunction. It is impossible, of course, to tell, or recreate, my whole picture story without violating your injunction’s prohibitions. The prohibitions contain no lower limit for what constitutes a “violation;” so one word from me about Scientology or any of the beneficiaries, or the slightest assistance to a Suppressive Person, are valid, punishable injunction violations. Directing you to documents, or telling or recreating anything from my past, so that you, as you claim, are able to recreate my whole picture story, requires clearly gargantuan violations on my part.

The Armstrong injunction’s prohibitions, as you know, also apply to persons “acting in concert” with me. The prohibitions are just as unlawful for people acting in concert with me as they are for me personally. People acting in concert with me, in fact, comprise a class of citizens that you beneficiaries unlawfully threaten, and whose rights you unlawfully violate. To act in concert with me means that people do the things that I, and they, are prohibited from doing: discussing Scientology and you beneficiaries, and assisting your victims or opponents. The people who most act in concert with me are those who facilitate my violations of your injunction. Such people assist me in some way to tell or recreate my whole picture story, or assist me to assist the beneficiaries’ victims or opponents. If you honestly wanted to recreate my whole story picture, you would be acting in concert with me, for which I would be grateful. Even now, you are inciting me, or perhaps even extorting me, to violate your injunction.

You write that you want to recreate my whole story picture using certain and reliable facts and documents, and you ask me if I have made statements to the police about the Scientology beneficiaries’ assaults and threats, and do I have records of that. Yes I have, and yes I do.

More importantly, you beneficiaries already possess many, if not all, of such statements. You beneficiaries also possess all the records of your own statements about me to police, in numerous cities and countries.

David Miscavige can issue an order that all of OSA Intel’s, RTC’s, et al.’s records relating to me be supplied to you, or me or anyone, and it all could be done in a few days. The beneficiaries have known about assaults and threats against me since 1982, and have known that the number of physical assaults has stood at six since August 2004, which was the last assault recorded. I think we can both agree that there is no real urgency to getting facts and documents from me relating to twenty-nine years of assaults and threats because you now want to recreate my whole story picture.

Nevertheless, to make my work collecting and organizing my facts and documents for you as efficient and unburdensome as possible, please provide me all the facts and documents you beneficiaries possess about me. If you do this, I will be able to see if you are missing any facts or documents that would prevent you from recreating my whole picture story, which you say you want to do. I would then provide you with the facts and documents you’re missing, and a whole picture story would practically be guaranteed.

One final note, if you do become honest, and perhaps can’t stand the ignominy of being a beneficiary in Scientology’s unlawful injunction that suppresses and destroys so many people’s basic human rights, please take advantage of this Beneficiary Removal Form: http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/archives/10

I look forward to receiving the facts and documents I’ve requested.

Sincerely,

Gerry Armstrong

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35925
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »

Scientology books banned in Russia

A court in a Moscow suburb has banned works by the founder of the Church of Scientology.

The Shchyolkovo court ruled that “What is Scientology?” and other books by L. Ron Hubbard “contain calls for extremist activities,” the Prosecutor General’s office said in a statement.

It said that once the court decision comes into force, scientology books will be put on the federal list of extremist materials banned for release throughout Russia. The court made the ruling following a request by local prosecutors.

Attempts by Russian authorities to ban Scientology literature have been overturned recently. In May, the Russian Justice Ministry  removed Hubbard’s books from the list of banned literature after a decision by a court in Siberia was overturned.

Scientology officials said they would protest the latest court decision.

“There have been many legal violations, the case is unfounded and the trial was hasty,” the group’s attorney Sergei Korzikov told  The Associated Press.

“We could not defend our legal interests.”

The group’s spokesman in Russia, Yuri Maximov, said that Russia is home to “tens of thousands” of Scientology devotees. Russian media have claimed that some powerful businessmen and officials are  among Scientology adepts.

Russia’s dominant Orthodox Church has denounced Scientology as a  “totalitarian sect,” and the European Court of Human Rights ruled that Moscow city authorities infringed on the group’s rights by repeatedly refusing to register it. In 2007 and 2009 the Strasbourg-based court issued decisions upholding the rights of Russian Scientologists to practise their religion free from unlawful government interference.

Hubbard, a science fiction writer, founded the Los Angeles-based  Church of Scientology in 1954. It teaches that technology can expand the mind and help solve problems.

The group claims 10 million members around the world, including film stars Tom Cruise and John Travolta.

Scientologists say that there are more than 280 million copies of Hubbard’s books distributed around the world.

Belgium, Germany and other European countries have been criticised by the US State Department for labelling Scientology as  a cult or sect and enacting laws to restrict its operations and monitor its activities.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2011/07/01/scientology-books-banned-in-russia

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/russian-court-bans-scientology-books/1

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/scientology-l-ron-hubbard-moscow-shchyolkovo-court-ban_b32764
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »

Moscow police search scientology [Taganskaya Street]

Moscow, October 6, Interfax - Moscow police have been searching the Church of Scientology on Taganskaya Street since Thursday morning, a law enforcement source has told Interfax.

The search could be part of a criminal investigation by the Moscow region's Investigative Committee into the distribution of scientology literature of the extremist nature, the source said.

No official confirmation of this report has been immediately available.

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy founded by American Ron Hubbard.

In late June, the Prosecutor General's Office declared several of Hubbard's books extremist.

Earlier, the Prosecutor's Office of the town of Schyolkovo near Moscow petitioned the city court to ban extremist materials by scientology's founder. The court upheld the plea.

Once the ruling comes into force, the banned literature is automatically included into the list of extremist materials barred from distribution in Russia.

In May, scientologists claimed that the Justice Ministry had excluded Hubbard's books from the "black list."

Video footage here...

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?25061-Moscow-police-search-scientology-Taganskaya-Street
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 06:44:34 AM »

L.Ron Hubbard books banned in Russia

A Moscow region court has backed a verdict issued by the Shchyolkovo town court, declaring books by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard as extremist, the Interfax news agency says.

Experts have concluded that Hubbard`s theory inspires its followers to adopt extremist attitude to people depending on their social status.

Now Hubbard`s books are banned from distribution in Russia.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_20/69060922/
Ididntcomeback
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

This is acually getting a lot of press....  Here is one example;

Moscow court outlaws Ron Hubbard’s writings    24th March 2012

Undaunted by judicial setbacks and complaints to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that Russia tramples the freedom of religion, Russian anti-cult activists have continued their campaign to outlaw the writings of the Church of Scientology founder Lafayette Ronald Hubbard.

In 2010, the High Court of the Siberian region of Khanty-Mansy, and earlier this month, the High Court of the Republic of Tatarstan overturned decisions by lower courts to outlaw Hubbard’s books. But in the latest twist to the saga, the High Court of the region of Moscow has upheld a similar decision by a lower court. It ruled that Hubbard’s books contain instructions to build a mind-controlling cult, which would set its members against every other social institution including the state. As soon as the ruling takes effect, these books will join the federal index of outlawed literature. This means that Russia will finally join Germany and France in classifying the scientologist propaganda material as extremist and unconstitutional.

Law expert of the Russian Anti-Cult Association Dr Alexander Korelev describes the development as very welcome and timely.

He was speaking in an interview with The Voice of Russia: "Hubbard’s books form the ideological arsenal of one of the most virulent mind-controlling cults that continue to operate in the Russian Federation. This cult uses brainwashing techniques to drive the members insane and rob them of their property. It is absolutely destructive, and its ideology must be outlawed. Accordingly, all Hubbard’s books must be out of circulation."

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_24/69501465/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: